Anyone run Ox Lockers?

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
I just came across Ox Lockers. I like the idea of the manual cable locker instead of the whole air system. Anyone have any input?

(Bracing myself for the ARB title wave I'm about to encounter)

jkuone

There's a couple guys in the jeep club I'm in that run them. Ive never heard them complain
About them at all...

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I had one put in mine after destroying the stock Rubicon locker. I only have to compare it against that but works every time and I wouldn't be worried about destroying it with some 37's

Wardell

One of the guys I work with was recommending them to me. Ox makes air and electric lockers as well as the manual cable lockers, so you do have a couple options.

You can also get what they call a "drive away lock" to add on to them. Basically, should your cable / air / electric shifting system fail for whatever reason, you can stop and tighten the drive away lock with a wrench to lock the diff. It's a pretty cool idea.

Mikead40

I just came across Ox Lockers. I like the idea of the manual cable locker instead of the whole air system. Anyone have any input?

(Bracing myself for the ARB title wave I'm about to encounter)

I recently destroyed my stock rubicon locker. When I tried getting fixed under warranty the dealer literally laughed out loud after looking at my Jeep. So the repair was coming out of pocket. I explored every option out there for months (I have several threads on WOL about it). In the end Ox with the electric actuator made the most sense. I haven't installed it yet, but from everything I hear, it should work well.

LeighP

If you're searching for feedback on the Ox, be aware that they changed hands some time back, and there have been changes that addressed some of the earlier problems with cable actuation that you may read about.
Just so you have the info to make a good decision. :)
I've looked at these myself, and wouldn't mind having them.

Top Bottom