Anyone run these LED "fog" bulbs with TL's?

USMC Wrangler

So it took less time than I thought. Here they are, fogs only from last night camping...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437488141.051176.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437488160.762387.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437488160.762387.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 70

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug

So I bought these and here are some notes -- this may only apply to 10a/x/hr but some issues with fit.

The tabs are in the wrong location.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437746336.755176.jpg
Notice stock bulb has tab on left, led has it on right.

No biggie... Cut the housing..
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437746391.731229.jpg

But these babies don't want to latch. They are just being stubborn. Finally got one side in but the other wont go. Might just silicone them in as I'll totally ditch the stock lights at some point and this is more of a holdover.

Hope this helps anyone considering this. FYI these bulbs match my jw's nice as well and are very bright.

USMC Wrangler

So I bought these and here are some notes -- this may only apply to 10a/x/hr but some issues with fit.

The tabs are in the wrong location.
View attachment 155553
Notice stock bulb has tab on left, led has it on right.

No biggie... Cut the housing..
View attachment 155554

But these babies don't want to latch. They are just being stubborn. Finally got one side in but the other wont go. Might just silicone them in as I'll totally ditch the stock lights at some point and this is more of a holdover.

Hope this helps anyone considering this. FYI these bulbs match my jw's nice as well and are very bright.

Awesome thank you

I did have to trim some of the alignment tabs off of the ones I bought too, but mine did lock into place. Again, not much light...just a close match for the time being with the TL's.

joshuaj21

I have the same fogs as Mr Ty, but had the same issues upon installation. Instead of trimming the housing, I just trimmed the new bulbs. Didn't seem to make much difference, but they wouldn't latch either. Trimming the tabs allowed the fit into the housing, but the tabs wouldn't latch. Seemed like the bulb itself was too fat for the latches to catch on both sides and kept popping out no matter how hard I pushed them in. Very frustrating... Ended up squeezing them in for a temporary fix and applied a fair amount of electrical tape around the housing to keep them relatively sealed until I can figure out a better solution. The silicone sealant sounds like a good alternative as well. Same idea in mind, these are only temporary to hold me over anyway.

USMC Wrangler

Mine were a tight fit too, even after shaving off the alignment tabs on the bulb itself. Yep, agreed that these "conversions" are temporary. That's why I went with the cheapest set that came close to fitting.

Top Bottom