Anyone running ACE JK Rock Sliders on their JKU?

turbineguy

I had Ace slider on my JK but did not want them on the JKU for this reason- that they can flex into the Rubi rail. I wanted DOM tubing this time too so went with Shrockworks. Had to drill into the frame a few times but it was not a big deal since I had a second set of experienced eyes to help. LOD is a great choice as well.

LOD sliders will flex into the pinch seam as well. Specifically the rear will if hit hard enough (like slipping off of a rock). My LOD sliders were even welded on as well as bolted on. The issue is the rear support leg is 17" before the end of the slider, meaning that there is enough room for the rail to flex. LOD is kind enough to say they are going to send me some extra legs/mounts that I am going to weld on a little further back to provide support.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Most people take the rubi rails off with LoD sliders. Just a thought. It looks real nice if you paint the pinch seam black.

turbineguy

Most people take the rubi rails off with LoD sliders. Just a thought. It looks real nice if you paint the pinch seam black.

I don't have rubi rails.

Good idea about painting them black though.

20140623_140723.jpg

20140623_135101.jpg

Last edited:

kmhenry77

I have Ace on my JKU and put a Moore 1" body lift on so they don't hit when flexed. Works great.

Sent from my SM-N900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom