Anyone running the FMF Apex front bumper?

Chevy Dave

Jeep calls it a compliance bar, some call it the 'crash' bar. Its the portion that hangs down from the front cross member. It is required to cut off on some bumpers, other bumpers hang all the way down to the bottom of it so there is no need to cut it. This bumper is about mid way. More clearance than something like the PureJeep and OR Fab bumpers, but not as much clearance as the EVO Quarter pounder. I'm probably going to cut mine off just to gain that extra few inches of clearance, but it is not required.

You can see it here hanging down from underneath the factory bumper in this pic.
View attachment 78414

Ah ok I kinda figured that was what you meant. So I can cut that stump dragger off and it will not affect anything?

I have not put a winch in it yet, and do not plan to until I get back out west. As mentioned before, quality and looks are great. Here are a few pics of it mounted. Just a note, it does require the vacuum pump to be relocated.

View attachment 78070
View attachment 78071
View attachment 78072
View attachment 78073
View attachment 78074
View attachment 78075
View attachment 78076

I think it is worthy to mention that my interaction with Andrew at FMF was spectacular. I experienced great customer service and they answered a lot of questions via phone call and email and sent a bunch of specific pictures I requested from different angles before I decided to pull the trigger. My requirements for a front bumper were made in the USA, I wanted a medium(ish) winch hoop and not a full stinger, winch capability and I wanted to retain the factory for lights. This bumper was/is a great fit for me.
I narrowed it down to the FMF Apex Pinnacle or the PSC brawler lite with brawler bar. FMF is a new company that appear to be just getting started, and as mentioned not many have heard of them. I stumbled upon them while doing a Google search for JK Prerunner bumpers. I initially saw the Apex front bumper, and even posted a few pics of it up in another thread asking for advise. They contacted me about a new bumper they were going to release, the Pinnacle, and I thought it looked great. That's the one I eneded up going with. I can say I am very happy with my decision. Hope this helps and good luck in your search! Nice Rubi by the way! Great color! :clap2:

That looks reallt sharp! Now I'm torn between that one and the Poison Spyder Brawler Lite...decision decisions...

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
That looks reallt sharp! Now I'm torn between that one and the Poison Spyder Brawler Lite...decision decisions...

Thanks! Those are the same two I was considering. I also considered the ACE Pro Series stubby with bull bar. I decided to go with FMF just because they are a new company I had never heard of and was curious. You really cant go wrong either way. I still really like the PSC Brawler Lite with the Brawler bar and tube gussets as well. I like the prerunner look of it. Good luck with your search!

Top Bottom