ARB compressor and locker wiring pictures

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I tapped that little red wire into main battery power. That way I can use the compressor at ALL times even if Jeep isn't running. Hell, sometimes in the garage when I check pressure, one or two tires are slightly low, so I just air them up without starting it.

With that being said, We just installed a seat heater on ours and wanted it hooked to IGNITION only. I spent about 30 minutes trying to find a good ignition source that was easy to access with no luck and just used the cigarette lighter. It's really tight in there, so if you use that, you should solder it and shrink wrap it.

Granted it's a little late, but this might help OP. Lazy man's cigarette lighter tap with built in 10A fuse -

Quadratec JK-APT2011 12 Volt Power Adapter

desertrunner

forgot to update this thread, so i ended up tapping into the cig lighter with a T tap, didnt run anything to lights so the switch lights are only on when the switch is on, mounted the switches just left of the steering wheel above the speaker. Everything works as advertised with ignition power and so far so good. we will see how reliable the connection to the cig lighter is over time. If i end up having issues with it i will post it up.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
forgot to update this thread, so i ended up tapping into the cig lighter with a T tap, didnt run anything to lights so the switch lights are only on when the switch is on, mounted the switches just left of the steering wheel above the speaker. Everything works as advertised with ignition power and so far so good. we will see how reliable the connection to the cig lighter is over time. If i end up having issues with it i will post it up.

Good to hear you got it wired up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Good to hear you got it wired up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Better yet I got all the lines run today and everything checks out. Lockers engage, no air leaks, switches come on with ignition light up when i turn them on. Only thing that is a little wierd is the supplied wiring harness has a safety built in to where I have to have the rear locker engaged in order to turn on the front locker. I can't think of a time that I would only want my front locker on and not the rear but ARB doesn't give you am option to with their harness. I guess it's just like the stock Rubicon lockers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Better yet I got all the lines run today and everything checks out. Lockers engage, no air leaks, switches come on with ignition light up when i turn them on. Only thing that is a little wierd is the supplied wiring harness has a safety built in to where I have to have the rear locker engaged in order to turn on the front locker. I can't think of a time that I would only want my front locker on and not the rear but ARB doesn't give you am option to with their harness. I guess it's just like the stock Rubicon lockers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yep. That's the way it is. I'm sure you could rewire it if you wanted to. IIRC, the power wire to the front locker switch is only hot if the rear switch completes its own circuit first.

Top Bottom