ARB fridge question

RodCyn

I turn mine on the night before a trip, pack things in the morning.

As far as the plug goes, I have the older type (not the newly announced plug). I can take the red ring off and it's a Hella type plug.

I've installed a Hella socket into my rear sub (2010 JK, didn't have any power outlet in the rear) and run the wiring up to the battery.

The Hella plug locks itself in quite nicely and takes force to remove. Much better than just the simple cig plug.

I've run it for more than 2 weeks at a time and keep it around the 27 degree mark.

vbeu.jpg

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Forgot I started this thread. The center console works just fine for me. :thumb:

Giving this a try, ran the plug under the rear seat, floor mat and plug reached perfect. Hopefully this will help keeping temps stable till I can do a dedicated plug.

Strainger

Caught the Bug
That wire kit sucks man. I got one. What I found was it doesn't hold the plug in the socket at all. As a matter of fact, the cover the socket has on it has a rather tight spring and it tends to push down on the plug ultimately working it out enough to disconnect it. It is certainly not worth the money. I have not hd a chance to call ARB.

Same here. I was going to try and fit it somewhere near the subwoofer outlet before I had so many problems with it jiggling out of the outlet. It looks like I will probably connect the two and then zip tie them to the right rear roll bar and then just disconnect the power plug at the back of the fridge and wrap it out of the way when not using the fridge.

Serg5000

I turn mine on the night before a trip, pack things in the morning.

As far as the plug goes, I have the older type (not the newly announced plug). I can take the red ring off and it's a Hella type plug.

I've installed a Hella socket into my rear sub (2010 JK, didn't have any power outlet in the rear) and run the wiring up to the battery.

The Hella plug locks itself in quite nicely and takes force to remove. Much better than just the simple cig plug.

I've run it for more than 2 weeks at a time and keep it around the 27 degree mark.

vbeu.jpg

What's funny is this plug sucked ass for me. I just removed it.

Top Bottom