ARB Seal

PATRIOTKJM

How do you know you have an air leak to your locker?...and where did you get the info on ARB seals being bad?

I had an small issue during EJS when I hit my rear locker switch and heard my compressor run for an inordinate amount of time, not shut off when the locker/airline pressurized as usual...wasn’t sure if my rear was actually locked...it only happened twice, then didn’t happen again for the rest of the trip...

Compressor would run continuous, I pulled carrier and bench tested it and the square orings are shot. Called their tech line and they said they have had a seal manufacturer that was making subpar seals, they said they pulled them from inventory and are waiting on new seals.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

PATRIOTKJM

My lockers are fairly new, installed by Dynatrac last fall...

You most likely have the bad seals if it’s from last fall. If you call Dynatrac they will have the locker serial number that they keep record of when they assemble your axle, then call ARB and they will tell you if that’s part of the affected batch.

Benito

Caught the Bug
I received my axles at the beginning of August in 2017, and just replaced the inner seal this past weekend, did it myself, after 34k miles. issues started to pop up around last August though during the 2018 Texas Exodus and completely stopped working in February this year. A guy I know had to replace his seal about six months after he got his, last year around this time, same part#. And after speaking with Bubba at Exodus, he’s replace one as well. I know that the one I took out looks like the one I put back in, whereas the one my friend replaced was blue, not like the one he took out which was black.

Exodus 4x4

Yes, according to the VP of operations they are waiting another month for the replacements to come in from Africa. Supposedly they have quality tested these.

Depending on which locker you have, I’m not sure why you’d have to wait that long. I haven’t had an issue getting those parts. In fact, I just sent that seal to Benito without issue.

Exodus 4x4

Just asking, anyone with an air locker wish they’d gone for the cable locker? Ox right?

OX doesn’t have a good rep here, but I favor their locker for this very issue. I’m not a fan of the cable engagement and prefer the air. Same locker internally but externally uses air to engage/disengage the locker. Believe it or not it’s actually a lot more effective than the cable.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Good thread. Ever since I put my pro rock in 3 years ago now I have diff fluid coming back up the air hose to the blow off valve and spraying gear oil in the engine bay. Locker still engages but oil is getting by somewhere. Will have to look into this more.

Good thread. Ever since I put my pro rock in 3 years ago now I have diff fluid coming back up the air hose to the blow off valve and spraying gear oil in the engine bay. Locker still engages but oil is getting by somewhere. Will have to look into this more.

I have this same issue where the underside of my hood where my compressor is mounted gets sprayed with oil. Everything works fine and I’ve had my front seal replaced when the copper hose broke off inside the housing. I haven’t really worried to much about it since everything is working the way it should. I’ll be taking a second look as well.

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
You most likely have the bad seals if it’s from last fall. If you call Dynatrac they will have the locker serial number that they keep record of when they assemble your axle, then call ARB and they will tell you if that’s part of the affected batch.

Thank you for the info...I’ll be on the phone Monday morning...

PATRIOTKJM

Meanwhile, at Exodus Jeeps...[emoji6]
View attachment 326339
I have to pull mine out next week for a little maintenance before JeepX, but if it’s ok and you don’t want to wait on ARB then I don’t mind selling you this one.

According to ARB those are part of the bad lot. Anything from past 18 months I believe. They said they told all vendors to dispose of Affected seal kits.

Top Bottom