ARB Twin air compressor

one of the guys on the run had one of these mounted under the passenger seat, at least i believe this is the one he said he had. it inflated all four tires in like 5 minutes. he did all 4 at ones with some custom built hoses...

Serg5000

one of the guys on the run had one of these mounted under the passenger seat, at least i believe this is the one he said he had. it inflated all four tires in like 5 minutes. he did all 4 at ones with some custom built hoses...

That's fast. I will be running 37's soon so this should help with inflating them.

Serg5000

Finished up the connector install this beautiful morning.

Attachments

• image-3316722185.jpg
    image-3316722185.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 568
  • image-43038315.jpg
    image-43038315.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 571

Serg5000

And it looks like I'm not finished.

Turns out one of the motors is faulty. ARB said its a know issue and offered to send me repair parts. WTF! I mentioned that the unit was one and a half months old and would rather have it replaced. So they told me to call 4wheel parts for warranty. I spent all day on hold. Boy was I mad. Then they said before they can send me another. They need a tracking number and it has to be in the hands of FedEx before they can process my replacement. I couldn't believe my luck today. So after spending a beautiful day on hold. I decided to just give up. I gave them the tracking number and turned off my phone.
Then I turned it back on to rant here. Sorry

Chiromancer

Oh man! That is such a bummer! I had a similar issue with my GoPro... Even after sorting it out, I was still annoyed as can be! Dropped it and the 150$ in accessories back at the box store and will reevaluate in another month if I want to so the same thing again...

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
And it looks like I'm not finished.

Turns out one of the motors is faulty. ARB said its a know issue and offered to send me repair parts. WTF! I mentioned that the unit was one and a half months old and would rather have it replaced. So they told me to call 4wheel parts for warranty. I spent all day on hold. Boy was I mad. Then they said before they can send me another. They need a tracking number and it has to be in the hands of FedEx before they can process my replacement. I couldn't believe my luck today. So after spending a beautiful day on hold. I decided to just give up. I gave them the tracking number and turned off my phone.
Then I turned it back on to rant here. Sorry

That sucks! Now you'll have to do an uninstall write up...I hope they get that taken care of for you!

On the flip side your connector looks cool!

Good luck!

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

Serg5000

I received the new replacement unit. I installed it this afternoon.
I deflated one tire which is a 35". It took just over 2 minutes to inflate. Not sure if it is slow or fast. Not having ever owned one I have nothing to compare to. Also, I do not have a tank so that may be something to look at in the future.

RodCyn

I received the new replacement unit. I installed it this afternoon.
I deflated one tire which is a 35". It took just over 2 minutes to inflate. Not sure if it is slow or fast. Not having ever owned one I have nothing to compare to. Also, I do not have a tank so that may be something to look at in the future.

Nice, thinking out of the box, install. :clap2:

What are the pressures you deflated/inflated your tire?

Hightower

Is anyone running one of these as a means to inflate tires, as well as for use with lockers. I'm also wondering where you have mounted this huge compressor. I just purchased one and plan on using it for both applications I have mentioned.

Serf I've got the same compressor sitting in its box waiting to be installed but I haven't found time and or decided on a location.
I was leaning toward putting it under the rear seat but you might have made my decision easier. Lol

What connectors are you running, did you hard plump it from the compressor , last did you run a connector to the rear?

Thx

arashi

Ok... i truly love that setup... It's officially in my wish list! How much it cost you?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Serg5000

Serf I've got the same compressor sitting in its box waiting to be installed but I haven't found time and or decided on a location.
I was leaning toward putting it under the rear seat but you might have made my decision easier. Lol

What connectors are you running, did you hard plump it from the compressor , last did you run a connector to the rear?

Thx

I'm glad you liked my setup. It was a challenge to figure it all out but I am very happy with the final product. The hardest part was figuring out where it would fit and not get in the way of other things.

As for the plumbing. I used big rig brake line and fittings. Those fittings are sweet. You just push them on until it bottoms out. If you need to remove the line, you simply push down on a collar and pull the line out. I purchased way more fittings the. Needed just incase. You may want to figure out where your coupler is going so you only order what you need. Stan also threw in a fitting that is female to female. If you rip or tear a line you just trim both end and splice with this fitting. I will post pics of the fittings if you need close ups. All fittings are stainless steel.

As for how many couplers I used. I only put one on the front bumper. If you need pics of anything let me know. I will post them for you.

The air hose and fittings I purchased from Stan over at JeePerformance inc. I had them ship the parts to me. I think they are in Yucaipa.

Last edited:

Serg5000

Ok... i truly love that setup... It's officially in my wish list! How much it cost you?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

The ARB unit was just over $500.00. The dual battery tray was $125.00 I believe. The mounting bracket material I used I had from a previous project. It is 3/16" steel. It didn't take long to make once I knew what and where I wanted it. Any other questions let me know.

Serg5000

Here are the fittings I used.
The fitting on the left is capped so when your not using the coupler. This keeps dirt and shit out of it.

Attachments

• image-4002557830.jpg
    image-4002557830.jpg
    479.8 KB · Views: 489
  • image-2937768118.jpg
    image-2937768118.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 470

Serg5000

Nice, thinking out of the box, install. :clap2:

What are the pressures you deflated/inflated your tire?

I was deflating to 15/17lbs. And inflating to 40lbs.
It was suggested I should consider running 32lbs max. I am planning on trying that pressure tomorrow. I can inflate from 15lbs to 32lbs in just over a minute.

Hightower

Serg thx. Sorry about the surf iPhone auto correct! Lol do you have any pictures of the plumbing that connects directly to your compressor? What do u think about using Nemesis's dual battery bracket? It has the 2nd battery below instead of beside the original battery.

Serg5000

Serg thx. Sorry about the surf iPhone auto correct! Lol do you have any pictures of the plumbing that connects directly to your compressor? What do u think about using Nemesis's dual battery bracket? It has the 2nd battery below instead of beside the original battery.

It's dark now so I will take some pics of the plumbing on both ends tomorrow. As far the battery tray, I don't know anything about that one.
I like this side by side model because it keeps it up high. And I chose the inside panel to try and keep it away from water and mud. I will take a look at the one you mentioned.

Serg5000

Here is an attempt that kind of sucked. Day light will help.

I also took a look at the tray you mentioned. The first issue I see is whatever you put on the bottom tray ever fails or has a problem, your screwed. Access is limited. Looks like you have to remove whatever is on top to get to the bottom. Not a big fan of that. Also, the price is steep for that tray. I purchased a Rugged Ridge for $125.00 ish. The nemesis tray is almost 3 bills. Not to mention I have access to either one of the components it cradles.

Attachments

• image-68030544.jpg
    image-68030544.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:
Top Bottom