ARB Twin Compressor mounted in the back

JAGS

Hooked
What do you use?

Still running Rubi lockers so don't need air lockers. I've got a ViAir 400P from when I first got the jeep. It's not the fastest ever with the 37s, but it does the job.

I won't be using mine for lockers so this is a non-issue for me.

Yeah, the note I made is only if using for lockers and connected with the oil. If not, than wont ever have any of those clean up issues.

Last edited:

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Here's where I mounted mine
bp9YZEE

Edit:
Can't get the link to paste right from my phone...
http://imgur.com/bp9YZEE

bp9YZEE.jpg

Did you just screw this right to the sheet metal or did you use something in between?

dyn0mitemat

Did you just screw this right to the sheet metal or did you use something in between?

I took the back plate off the compressor (8 bolts holding it on, 4 top, 4 bottom), I drilled out the nutserts so they fell off (so I just had holts in it)

I pulled the carpet back, held the bracket up where i wanted it, marked the holes, and I then drilled and put nutserts in the tub where they lined up. I put the bracket from the back of the compressor up and bolted it to the tub, and then put the compressor up to it and put the 8 bolts back in holding it to the backing plate/mount.

I then just cut the carpet around it to fit.

Works good, and keeps it out of the mud, water and heat, so I'm happy.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I took the back plate off the compressor (8 bolts holding it on, 4 top, 4 bottom), I drilled out the nutserts so they fell off (so I just had holts in it)

I pulled the carpet back, held the bracket up where i wanted it, marked the holes, and I then drilled and put nutserts in the tub where they lined up. I put the bracket from the back of the compressor up and bolted it to the tub, and then put the compressor up to it and put the 8 bolts back in holding it to the backing plate/mount.

I then just cut the carpet around it to fit.

Works good, and keeps it out of the mud, water and heat, so I'm happy.

I would have loved to have seen a writeup on this :) Thanks for the details. I'm trying to decide if I want to do this or make a bracket of sorts. If you have a chance, some close up shots of it mounted to the tub would be fantastic for reference, but no worries if it's too much of a pain!

dyn0mitemat

I would have loved to have seen a writeup on this :) Thanks for the details. I'm trying to decide if I want to do this or make a bracket of sorts. If you have a chance, some close up shots of it mounted to the tub would be fantastic for reference, but no worries if it's too much of a pain!

I can do that for ya, but I just finished shoehorning all my tools, gear and camping supplies for a trip out to rausch creek this weekend. After I get back I'll unpack and get some more photos for ya.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I can do that for ya, but I just finished shoehorning all my tools, gear and camping supplies for a trip out to rausch creek this weekend. After I get back I'll unpack and get some more photos for ya.

Perfect. I'm still waiting on my tank so I won't do any mounting for at least a week. Thanks!! :beer:

Top Bottom