ARB Twin compressor mounting?

naysjp

Caught the Bug
All over that about the braided hose and quick connect. I don't have 37s so maybe it will last a bit longer but I'll start looking now.

dyn0mitemat

I'll grab a pic of mine in the morning for the guys interested, but I scoured amazon for HOURS looking for a stainless braided hose like the one that came with the manifold kit ( this one )

After searching forever I finally found the right keywords to enter in that would net me the results I wanted, unfortunately I don't remember what they were :thinking: ....

BUT, to your guys luck, I do have the one I bought in the 'past orders' of my account. I searched forever to find this, and I know a lot of you guys were too, and here you go...

Braided stainless air hose, rated to 3000psi, and upto 450*F.
This one is 4 foot long, and ran only just over $20!

81Ic4gsWtvL._SL1500_.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0063LVLDA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

edit:

This one has straight fittings at each end, I used a brass 90* street fitting on the compressor ( LINK ), hooked to this line, and then a normal female quick disconnect to the other end

Last edited:

bsimon187

I had the same problem. Found some connections at ace hardware. Keeps it as a quick disconnect. Barley is into the padding on the hood. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435144062.713776.jpg

sjd78

I'll grab a pic of mine in the morning for the guys interested, but I scoured amazon for HOURS looking for a stainless braided hose like the one that came with the manifold kit ( this one )

After searching forever I finally found the right keywords to enter in that would net me the results I wanted, unfortunately I don't remember what they were :thinking: ....

BUT, to your guys luck, I do have the one I bought in the 'past orders' of my account. I searched forever to find this, and I know a lot of you guys were too, and here you go...

Braided stainless air hose, rated to 3000psi, and upto 450*F.
This one is 4 foot long, and ran only just over $20!

View attachment 150293
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0063LVLDA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

edit:

This one has straight fittings at each end, I used a brass 90* street fitting on the compressor ( LINK ), hooked to this line, and then a normal female quick disconnect to the other end

Thank You for the info, it's extremely helpful!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Here is mine. I used the MORE mount. In the arb air tank it comes with the braided line to run from the compressor to the tank. Clears the hood perfectly.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435150641.532528.jpg .

naysjp

Caught the Bug

If you are going with in the cab instead of under the hood the CMM under-seat option is a very nice solution. I just helped a friend install one this last weekend and pretty slick. Running the wiring is of course not as easy as under-hood and takes more time but the finished install is very nice. We actually removed the battery tray, etc., and ran through the firewall boot that is under the battery tray (yes it was a bit of a pain but a very clean install when done).

You really bailed me out on that one TeamFaust. Had I known it was that difficult, I would have left it on the shelf. You have air whenever we are on a run together. Don't bother pulling out your compressor. I ordered a braided hose and will switch that out and I remember what you said about taking apart the airbag clip.

TeamFaust

You really bailed me out on that one TeamFaust. Had I known it was that difficult, I would have left it on the shelf. You have air whenever we are on a run together. Don't bother pulling out your compressor. I ordered a braided hose and will switch that out and I remember what you said about taking apart the airbag clip.

Once the seat bolts are removed, you should be able to just tip the seat back (without having to disconnect anything) enough to swap out the leader hose. I think the braided hose is a good idea as the rubber almost always fairs at some point and the heat of the compressor increase the probability. Once you get the braided line happy to help swap it in. :thumb:

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I was looking at this last night with boardsurfer. I bought an off the shelf elbow at Ace and hooked a quick disconnect to it and it was still hitting the hood. It's going to take the absolute smallest elbow to work. The blue elbow that comes with the compressor would work if the threading was right, but any off the shelf will be larger most likely. I might stop by a specialty air shop that makes custom hoses and such to see if they can help me engineer a good solution.

CJW

I was looking at this last night with boardsurfer. I bought an off the shelf elbow at Ace and hooked a quick disconnect to it and it was still hitting the hood. It's going to take the absolute smallest elbow to work. The blue elbow that comes with the compressor would work if the threading was right, but any off the shelf will be larger most likely. I might stop by a specialty air shop that makes custom hoses and such to see if they can help me engineer a good solution.

Does the manifold that the elbow connects too rotate slightly in the compressor?

Top Bottom