ARB Twin or Power Tank

Ddays

Hooked
OP do you have a winch?

The original post is from last year. No biggie cuz your points are good, just an FYI in case you were expecting an answer.

I just bought a CO2 tank setup both as a safety piece for the wife to carry in her horse trailer but I can also use on my JL as I don't have a compressor on it yet because Rubicon.
I just aired up my set of 40's and while it's pretty quick, it seems like it's half empty already. Granted, they were at 0 psi, but if it takes that much out of a full tank I won't be relying on it to fill the tires on Gruff. Still, it's kinda nice to have as a backup.

jdofmemi

The original post is from last year. No biggie cuz your points are good, just an FYI in case you were expecting an answer.

I just bought a CO2 tank setup both as a safety piece for the wife to carry in her horse trailer but I can also use on my JL as I don't have a compressor on it yet because Rubicon.
I just aired up my set of 40's and while it's pretty quick, it seems like it's half empty already. Granted, they were at 0 psi, but if it takes that much out of a full tank I won't be relying on it to fill the tires on Gruff. Still, it's kinda nice to have as a backup.

I have a 10# powertank I used to use. I love it for the speed, and back in my Toyota days I ran a IR impact gun with it as well. In the pickup there was plenty of room for it.

The downside is you get two trips and have to refill the tank. When it is new and current, and you can get to the welding supply shop before they close it was $10 or so to fill.
The paintball guy has better hours, and when the tank cert is not current, he fills it anyway as long as it looks good. The problem is he gets $20 to fill, so when you go out a lot it adds up in a hurry.

Add that to the fact that my Jeep has no room for it, and I have just left it home for the last year or better.
Plus, I had to carry a small compressor as a back up in case the tank ran out.

I will keep the tank, as it is Handy to throw in the work truck when I pull a trailer, as most of them have a tire or two that need air.

paulandkylie

I have the twin and wheel with guys that have power tanks. The best thing about CO2 is speed: those guys air up in seconds while even the twin takes a fair amount of time, at least for larger tires. Downsides of CO2 include:

The tank is large, takes up a lot of space in the Jeep, and can be a safety hazard if not mounted securely.

The tank needs to be refilled, which can be expensive and time consuming.

The Power tank is fairly expensive, although you can assemble a functional system yourself for much less.

The ARB twin is about the same price as a Powertank. Installing it is kind of a pain, but only needs to be done once. It can be hidden under a seat or in the engine compartment, so it doesn’t take up space and isnt going to whack you in the back of the head if you rear end someone. Also, Unless the compressor malfunctions, you’re not going to run out of air, which is nice for multi day trips, helping others, and runs where you air up and down multiple times.

Some people say CO2 is better for running air tools, but I can’t comment on that because I use battery powered trail tools.

On balance I’m happy with my twin, but may piece together a CO2 system just for fun if I can scrape together enough couch change.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for presenting this in a clear, concise manner...

Top Bottom