Are you happy with the JL on 35's with 4.10 gearing?

Lojo

Great video! Posted at the perfect time as I’ve been trying to decide on Tires. Thank you for always sharing information which is priceless to guys like me!! [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Good video - thanks for posting that up - I missed this one. I think Eddie sums it up perfectly around the 5:00 mark regarding re-gearing vs staying with the stock 4:10's. With this particular Jeep and how I use it, sticking with the 4:10's is the best choice for me. It''ll be interesting to see how it does in Moab and on the trip there this Summer with the 37's I'm taking off of Gruff.

Yeah. It has been a while since I watched the video, and he may say it there. I’m pretty sure he says new gears aren’t necessary, until you get to the point of an axle swap. If you are going that far, you may as well re-gear.

Napalm

That could be - I know he ran with the stock 4:10's and 37's for some time. But the vast majority of guys out there have not regeared when going up to 37's. The 8 speed tranny makes that much of a difference and the pinion is that much stronger for not having to change it.

Our Moab trip is gonna be my test as well. We will see how the 37s, 4.10s, and 8 speed handle the 18 hours each way. I should know by the time I get back if I need em 🤣

Top Bottom