Armando's Build Thread: Past, Present, and Future

DJCFHB

Update on things, i received the harmonic balancer, power steering brackets, and all the jk stuff i sent off, minus the pcm,at the beginning of the week. Yesterday I mounted the balancer back up and was able to line up the pin holes first try, thought it was going to take multiple attempts. I had to sand down the plastic sensor behind the balancer because it was making contact with the tone ring. Rechecked and adjusted the crankshaft position sensor. I also bolted up the p/s bracket and drilled and tapped the psc pump. Today I was able to find the right length serpentine belt to work with the psc pump. 99.5" seems to be the right one. I made an attempt at putting 99" belt on and it was a no go. I wrestled with it for a while couldn't get it on and Im a pretty strong individual. The 99.5" took quite a bit of wrestling aswell but managed to get it one, i have about an inch of tensioning adjustment left so i thought that was adequate. Guess i'll find out after putting a few miles on it. I also ran the some of the jk wires and went over things to make sure i had bolts tightened and wires ran correctly. I made the costly mistake of over tightening the start solenoid stud, have to replace that tomorrow. Hoping to have the body on the frame by the weekend IMG_0994.jpg IMG_0995.jpg IMG_0999.jpg IMG_1001.jpg

DJCFHB

Today i was able to get everything squared away with motor and wires. Set the body back on the frame, it took quit a bit of time lowering the body down using the jack stand and engine hoist method. I had to lower in stages making an attempt to keep the body nice and level to keep from setting one end of the body on the frame at an extreme angle. Tomorrow i'll get the body adjusted just right on the body mounts. Fuel lines are quit tight between the transmission and body in one area so i'm going to try and move them over so that there is plenty of clearance.
IMG_1002.jpg

DJCFHB

Been busy with the holiday activities so haven't had time to post. I've been able to get a few thing done in that last 2 weeks. I received the jk wiring, shifter, gauge cluster, and a/c lines from Motech. I was able to get the wiring run, shifter in. Haven't done the a/c line or gauge cluster, waiting for the interior wires and radiator so i can get everything installed at the same time. Few other thing i was able to work on was adjusting the advanced adapter t case cable and i measured and sent off my rear driveshaft to be shortened. Yesterday my pr44 come in and i was stoked, got it bolted up and went to install my rcv axle shaft and found that the wrong inner seals where installed. Talked to the vendor and am waiting to hear what avenue they want to take to make things right. Going to finish installing the knuckles and spindles so i can get tires on it and measure for the front driveshaft today. Feel like things are starting to get close to the first start up, just patiently waiting for parts to come in.

Top Bottom