Atlas 2 43 upgrade worth it?

danco3636

I currently run a sport 2010 transfer case.
Considering upgrading to the Atlas 4.3
I've upgraded both axles run 4.88 gears and 37 inch tires.
Also a Ripp supercharger.
Just wondering if it's worth the extra cost for the atlas transfer case upgrade.

Any insights on the advantages and justifying the cost of the upgrade?

Currently nothing is wrong with the one I have just wondered if I'd see better performance?

Rb1boxer_3

I'm interested as well as in one day I will be doing the same since I didn't get another rubi this time.

GR8WHITE

The 4.3:1 will give you a lower crawl ratio over your sport tcase. One of the biggest features of an atlas is the ability to dig.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
It depends on the type of wheeling you do. If you like rock crawling the lower geared Atlas would make a dramatic difference. I swapped out my stock "X" t-case (same one you have) for a Rubi t-case and the difference was night and day when crawling. Has so much more power now for climbing. Also helps to get the 37s rolling up steep, sandy grades. I picked up the Rubi t-case for around $750. You might consider this option as the Atlas might be overkill though I bet fun.

Brute

Hooked
No chain to break in the Atlas...you will have to get used to shifting into 4lo/hi while moving, it's very hard to shift at a stop

2Cross

Caught the Bug
No chain to break in the Atlas...you will have to get used to shifting into 4lo/hi while moving, it's very hard to shift at a stop

I've ran with two Atlas tcases. I'd do what nmwranglerx said. Atlas is nice and strong but I would wait until I broke a Rubicon case before paying out for one in my Jk

Robs_Red_JK

I agree with others on getting the Rubicon T-case. it works really well for crawling and mine has held up really well and never popped out of gear or anything while driving. And they can usually be found at much lower prices than Atlas cases.

Rb1boxer_3

I agree with others on getting the Rubicon T-case. it works really well for crawling and mine has held up really well and never popped out of gear or anything while driving. And they can usually be found at much lower prices than Atlas cases.

Yes they are pricey. I guess I'll look into finding a rubi t case.

Robs_Red_JK

Yes they are pricey. I guess I'll look into finding a rubi t case.

I dont think you will regret it. the Rubicon case is 4:1 already so it works really well for any kind of crawling. My jeep is a 6 speed and when crawling over stuff I dont even really touch the gas pedal. it makes it really nice

Rb1boxer_3

I dont think you will regret it. the Rubicon case is 4:1 already so it works really well for any kind of crawling. My jeep is a 6 speed and when crawling over stuff I dont even really touch the gas pedal. it makes it really nice

Yea I remember I used to have an 12' with 37s. It was nice. That's why I went with a sport this time with plans of going atlas. If I can't find a rubi t case.

BigPrince

Swapped out my Rubi case for an Atlas 4.3:1 case, mainly for front digs but the extra crawl ratio, small as it is, is very noticeable. Been beating on the new upgrades on my rig for 5 days in Moab and very happy with the Atlas. Super tight to shift at first but smoothing out.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
It all depends on where and how you wheel. I only used the front for digs when I was in some rock crawling competitions in my buggy. Never had a reason to do it in my JK even if I had an Atlas. So think about that. Is your front axle that you have even strong enough to truly do a dig?

They are hard to shift especially at first compared to your stock Tcase.

A third option would be the rubicrawler doubler from advance adapters.

Top Bottom