Auto train?

jk4x4wrangler

Has anyone ever used the "Auto train" or know any one who used this service? Im looking for any feedback positive or negative, My Jeep is home in NY and Im in Arkansas for the next few months and I want to get it down here....and no me going home to drive it down is not an option.

CharlieK

I used them to take motorcycle from Central Florida to just out side of D.C. Clean cars and reasonably price. Would yes them again with out hesitation.

jk4x4wrangler

Was it a requirement that you ride the train with the vehicle of can someone just drop it off and send it on down for me to pick up?

If you check AmTrack website it will tell where their auto ports are. Not every stop is an auto port. I was looking to go from Florida to Moab and it was going to take three days and it would drop us off in Salt Lake City.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

There are several trucking companies out there you could check with as well such as Reliable auto transport that offer door to door service.

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jk4x4wrangler

Yeahhh so looked a little more in to the "auto train" apparently it only runs one route, from VA to FL and back so that's not going to work. Started looking into some trucking companies but Im getting a lot of prices around $1100-$1200. Do you have any personal experience good/bad indifferent?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yeahhh so looked a little more in to the "auto train" apparently it only runs one route, from VA to FL and back so that's not going to work. Started looking into some trucking companies but Im getting a lot of prices around $1100-$1200. Do you have any personal experience good/bad indifferent?

That's about average. When I looked at shipping my truck from NY to CA when I moved it was about $1500. That was for an open trailer and 5 years ago.

You definitely don't want it on an open trailer this time of year, it'll be a wreck by the time it gets to you.

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom