Awnings For Roof Racks

WJCO

Meme King
So I just found 2 pics online of a WJ with an awning. It's the six foot one and it doesn't look that bad up there. This is the ARB 2000 model.

DSC_0063_zps11b0igb0.jpg

DSC_0065_zpswsbsp3r8.jpg

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Oh look, an ARB front bumper on it :daydream:

Lol but really, I think it would look okay. And even so, function over looks, right? At least to an extent.

Andy5160

Hooked
I think 8 will fork just fine and you will be happy. It is like ok i am getting 35's and then when you get it you start talking to yourself stating why the fuck I did not go for 37's :)

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I love the Rhino Rack stuff (Foxwing and others). Their awning tent attachment is pretty sweet too if you have the room to carry it.

WJCO

Meme King
a cheap way to go is a tarp and some para cord .. tie it off how ya want, make some poles for it .. is what i do couldnt see spending the money on the awning when a tarp works fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I am a backpacker and totally understand that concept, but I want something a little cleaner looking with poles, but definitely don't want to break the bank doing it. I also want something that I can just leave attached to the Jeep.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
I am a backpacker and totally understand that concept, but I want something a little cleaner looking with poles, but definitely don't want to break the bank doing it. I also want something that I can just leave attached to the Jeep.
saw a video a while back of a homade one using a tarp that was attached ,, if i remember right it was on a taco . poles folded into it then rolled up. inside and tied down only thing he didnt have was a cover on it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

rubicon91

I had a CVT awning on mine but it was the smallest version. I upgraded to the ARB 2000. I also have a Foxwing at home for my trailer but I am not sure if I will utilize it or not. I have friends who have it and say in a wind it needs 2 people to set up. Anyways I love my awning great while camping or at the beach. Here was my old CVT deployed for a day at the beach.

Attachments

• 17635215_10211067929167987_533641123580968292_o.jpg
    17635215_10211067929167987_533641123580968292_o.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 71

WJCO

Meme King
Re-visting this thread with some possible changes. I am actually considering the Fox Wing awning now maybe. I figure I may spend the extra money for more coverage. Any of you used this awning on your Jeep or trailer?

Re-visting this thread with some possible changes. I am actually considering the Fox Wing awning now maybe. I figure I may spend the extra money for more coverage. Any of you used this awning on your Jeep or trailer?

We use the awning all the time on are trailer. In fact i just ordered a new trailer with a kick ass awning system.

2018-Venture-RV-Sonic-Lite-SL169VRD-Travel-Trailer-Exterior-Rear-3-4-Door.jpg

Its all automated and i dont have to worry about using a rod every time and not strip the lock mechanizem out.

WJCO

Meme King
I am actually considering the Fox Wing awning now maybe. I figure I may spend the extra money for more coverage.

Cancel that. I flip-flopped again. With the Fox wing, by the time I get brackets, etc, it's like 700 bucks. I just can't justify spending that for something that'll I'll only use a handful of times each year. Going with the ARB 2500 instead.

Top Bottom