Axle Upgrade/Minimum Scrub Radius

JJ151

Tough to see with splash shield and stabilizer in the way but it doesn’t look like they are parallel. Tie rod looks like it is bent weird too. Try having someone saw the steering wheel back and forth sharply and look for movement in joints and track bar bushings.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

While I personally have not yet measured the exact angles (it’s getting to that) I can say they look visually parallel. It is my understanding through the research conducted that the bends in the track bar are irrelevant and it is the angles at each end.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I have no experience with your setup, but I’m just gonna throw this out there... is the tie rod supposed to be mounted that way on the xd60? As in is it supposed to be mounted on top instead of the bottom?

kpig

Did your xd60 come with the raised trackbar mount? If so, you might want to call dynatrac to See if the knuckle already is designed for the raised trackbar mount.

Double check all your steering components. We discovered a club members brand new Jeep with a loose pitman arm that caused death wobble. Now she needs a new pitman arm and maybe steering box because the shop failed to tighten the bolt.

Also, was there a previous lift on the Jeep prior to the current setup. Make sure there isn’t a dropped pitman arm or other components that might throw your geometry off.

Last edited:

JJ151

Update on Death Wobble Investigation

While at EJS in Moab last week I met with Dynatrac’s Tony Carvallo (technician) to discuss the death wobble on my 2016 JKUR following axle upgrade to Dynatrac’s XD60’s. Tony took the time from the vendor event to come out to my jeep to personally investigate. He was able to deduce that the stock steering gear box had significant movement when the steering wheel was turned without power. Everything else looked good so it looks like i will be researching a steering system upgrade. Thanks again to everyone on this forum that provided input and for Dyunatrac’s customer service.

jesse3638

Hooked
While at EJS in Moab last week I met with Dynatrac’s Tony Carvallo (technician) to discuss the death wobble on my 2016 JKUR following axle upgrade to Dynatrac’s XD60’s. Tony took the time from the vendor event to come out to my jeep to personally investigate. He was able to deduce that the stock steering gear box had significant movement when the steering wheel was turned without power. Everything else looked good so it looks like i will be researching a steering system upgrade. Thanks again to everyone on this forum that provided input and for Dyunatrac’s customer service.
Talk about customer service.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

danford.lau

Caught the Bug

Like others here, met Tony during the WAL New Years trip. He was a class act - super fun to be around . Not surprised that he went way above and beyond . Really cool

Top Bottom