Az group

JKU Arizona

With any luck, maybe Smiley Rock trail will get snow later this week. With that said I may run it Saturday if it does. Does anyone have any interest?

Sent from my LGLS740 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm interested in running Smiley Rock sometime soon but not this Saturday, I'm doing Desoto mine this Saturday morning with a group. If you were to plan it sometime in mid December i would be interested.

Randy Tadevich

I'm interested in running Smiley Rock sometime soon but not this Saturday, I'm doing Desoto mine this Saturday morning with a group. If you were to plan it sometime in mid December i would be interested.
With it getting closer to Christmas, it makes it harder to get people together. We will see what we can work out for Smiley. I haven't run Desoto either, that's on my to do list.

JKU Arizona

With it getting closer to Christmas, it makes it harder to get people together. We will see what we can work out for Smiley. I haven't run Desoto either, that's on my to do list.

Yeah, we actually have a X-mas party right after the run so we'll do the run come home get ready and then get our Christmas party on :rock: . This will be my first time running Desoto.

AZMikeD

I've been wanting to post some pictures up all week from last Saturday. I didn't take a lot but enjoy!

Airing Down
airdown.jpg

Break time!
break.jpg

You can almost see Lake Pleasant in the back ground. :)
lakepleasant.jpg

Oops!
tire.jpg

Stopped to look at some old building ruins
atruins.jpg
myjeep.jpg

Group shot in Crown King
crownking.jpg

For Sale. Original Jeep Jack. Only used once!
jack.jpg

uberc4

How long did it take y'all to complete Crown King? It took us 9-10 hours, the last time I ran it, due to the vast amount of rigs. It was miserable...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Kind of off topic, but if you don't already have the Charles Wells book " Guide to Arizona Backroads & 4 Wheel Drive Trails", it's a great book to have to find and navigate trails, and is now available in iBooks.

Guide to Arizona Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive Trails 2nd Edition by Charles A Wells & Matt Peterson
https://itun.es/us/alN9eb.l

I don't use a Kindle, but it's also available on the Kindle as well.

I ended up purchasing that book before leaving Prescott. Thanks to you, it helped a lot.

Randy Tadevich

Initial run feeler. I am doing a run Dec. 17th in the Florence/box canyon area. I dont know if it has a name, but its a narrow canyon run with some small waterfall crawling. A great introductory run to expose you to rock crawling and what your jeep can do if you have no experience with that. Minimum requirements would be at least 33's and a limited slip. Otherwise we will get you through it.

uberc4

Initial run feeler. I am doing a run Dec. 17th in the Florence/box canyon area. I dont know if it has a name, but its a narrow canyon run with some small waterfall crawling. A great introductory run to expose you to rock crawling and what your jeep can do if you have no experience with that. Minimum requirements would be at least 33's and a limited slip. Otherwise we will get you through it.

Are you talking about Elvis? I'll be up there running Upper Ajax that weekend.

uberc4

Not sure. Is Elvis pretty difficult? This run isn't that hard. I would rather run Ajax, because that's a lot more difficult isn't it?

Elvis has bypasses for all the obstacles. You can make it as hard as you want. I ran all the hard lines, which I didn't think they were all that difficult. I have not ran Upper Ajax yet, so I cannot give a definitive answer. From the videos I have seen, it has some difficult obstacles (lockers are recommended).

bthomas

FWIW, there are some "bypasses" on Elvis that I've been told aren't a legal part of the trail. To my understanding, if your in the wash, it's fair game, if the "bypass" takes you up out of the wash and back in, like the one that could take you around the squeeze/up and over, and dumps back in behind the ledge that follows, that's not a part of the trail. Again, just what I've been told from a few long timers, and what I've followed.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom