Back window keeps shattering

rogerk93

It is possible that something is out of whack or even the installer is over tightening the bolts but I'm mind fucked how it can happen so often. It started around the same time I installed that bumper. The original glass broke when I took off my hard top to install my cage. Then it hasent stopped and since then the bumper was put in.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I had a bronco with a hardtop. My window out of nowhere shattered​ while I was sitting in it. Turned out the tension bar came loose and hit the window. Scared the shit out of me I thought someone shot at me. I know it probably won't help you much, but I at least got to tell the story. Take it to the dealer to see if they have any ideas.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Teraflex glass vs. US made glass...:crazyeyes: If its this its probably installer error...haha

Yeah, that teraflex glass is shit. :icon_crazy::cheesy:

I'd start with what WJCO said, measure the crap out of the top, tailgate and window and see if something doesn't add up.

Or get a rag top and sell the problem child to some other poor sap :rolleyes2:;)

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I had a bronco with a hardtop. My window out of nowhere shattered​ while I was sitting in it. Turned out the tension bar came loose and hit the window. Scared the shit out of me I thought someone shot at me.

It's the WINDOWS! He hates these windows!! Stay away from the windows!!!

The Jerk... anyone?

jeff_in_rc

It is possible that something is out of whack or even the installer is over tightening the bolts but I'm mind fucked how it can happen so often. It started around the same time I installed that bumper. The original glass broke when I took off my hard top to install my cage. Then it hasent stopped and since then the bumper was put in.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would look carefully at the cage to see if it is touching the top anywhere and putting unwanted pressure on the top which could affect the window. Might have twisted the top at some point.

Top Bottom