Bad day on the trail

Exodus 4x4

They claim their shafts work with a 2”-6” lift. Not sure how they do it if everyone else needs measurements specific to the jeeps setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not a huge fan of shafts built for X amount of lift, mainly because I’ve always had to have them modified anyways. Adams or a local shop tend to be the best bet because they will actually build it for what you have. Don’t focus so much on price because as mentioned, you’ll probably end up spending more in the long run after having to have it modified.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Turbo21

Don’t let price be your deciding factor, if they are local and DDays says they are good I would def look there

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Point spring isn’t out of the picture. I need to make a call on Tuesday to see what they have to say. I used to deliver office supplies there years ago and knew some of the guys working there so local is my first option

Ddays

Hooked
Don’t let price be your deciding factor, if they are local and DDays says they are good I would def look there

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

:blush:

If you do go there make sure to tell them to balance it as well. They're really good but will only do what you ask for.

As far as price goes, add the failed TF shaft cost onto the price of your next one and that convenient choice ended up being pretty costly. Get what you pay for. :idontknow:

WJCO

Meme King
They claim their shafts work with a 2”-6” lift. Not sure how they do it if everyone else needs measurements specific to the jeeps setup

Sure. Try convincing you girlfriend that a 2" shaft will take care of business. You'll be just fine.

Seriously, your driveshaft is too short, get it set to the right length.

Also, the Teraflex high-angle dildo doesn't fix a damn thing. Many members have tried it, sorry, it just can't defeat physics. The boot still tears. The only solution to compensate for the steep angle is a double cardin ujoint style shaft. Anyone who tells you otherwise is just stroking your 2 inch shaft.

Sure. Try convincing you girlfriend that a 2" shaft will take care of business. You'll be just fine.

Seriously, your driveshaft is too short, get it set to the right length.

Also, the Teraflex high-angle dildo doesn't fix a damn thing. Many members have tried it, sorry, it just can't defeat physics. The boot still tears. The only solution to compensate for the steep angle is a double cardin ujoint style shaft. Anyone who tells you otherwise is just stroking your 2 inch shaft.

I’m so glad you chimed in... now where is overlander!

jesse3638

Hooked
I'm curious how you drove for an hour and a half with the t-case end of the DS disconnected and we're still able to keep driving. I'd think with it connected to the front axle it would have been spinning and beat the shit out of things.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Turbo21

I'm curious how you drove for an hour and a half with the t-case end of the DS disconnected and we're still able to keep driving. I'd think with it connected to the front axle it would have been spinning and beat the shit out of things.

It sat on top of the exhaust for the ride home
Right at the spot where there is a small shield actually on the exhaust cut a nice groove in the driveshaft but wasn’t flopping around. Never even heard it until we got off of the highway and pulled in to get some food. When we left the park the boot was still in tact and the driveshaft looked it was still connected

Ddays

Hooked

I wondered the same thing but thought, naaaaaahhhh, no way that thing was banging around that long without him noticing that.....

TrailHunter

Hooked

Right at the spot where there is a small shield actually on the exhaust cut a nice groove in the driveshaft but wasn’t flopping around. Never even heard it until we got off of the highway and pulled in to get some food. When we left the park the boot was still in tact and the driveshaft looked it was still connected

Probably hard to hear with the stereo Bumpin.... am I right? :driving:

Ddays

Hooked

Consider yourself lucky you didn't have any other damage! That's amazing that it wasn't flopping all over the place.

Turbo21

Ordered a new front drive shaft from Oliver’s. Talked to them today and getting a custom shaft made to fit the lift and tires

Gonna feel like an eternity running around in 2wd

Top Bottom