Badlands trip Attica, Indiana Saturday 6/27

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I don't think I'll be in for this trip, as I have some upgrades I need to do to the Jeep yet. That said, can someone tell me a little bit about badlands Offroad park? I'm in Omaha, just across Iowa. It's about 8 hours for me. Worth it to drive that far? Keep in mind, Buena Vista, CO is 10 hours from me.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I don't think I'll be in for this trip, as I have some upgrades I need to do to the Jeep yet. That said, can someone tell me a little bit about badlands Offroad park? I'm in Omaha, just across Iowa. It's about 8 hours for me. Worth it to drive that far? Keep in mind, Buena Vista, CO is 10 hours from me.

Not as good as CO, but a fun park. It has some nice wooded trails with a cool quarry that feels like a mini Moab with a lot of ledges (big and small).

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug

I wouldn’t make an 8 hour drive for this park its just about 3 1/2hours for me and that’s still too far

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JKbrick

I would make the drive once, it’s a good fun day.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I'm pretty sure I'll be up. Do most of you run cbs? Does anyone have an swr meter to tune a cb that they are willing to bring?

I'm not familiar with cbs but I've watched a few videos and it looks easy enough to tune. I would buy one but I dont think I'd really need it more than a few times.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
It looks like we're gonna be pushing this run out another week. Matt was supposed to be rebuilding his ball joints at my place yesterday and we ran into issues. The following weekend is the 4th, we wheeled this park last year on the 4th and it was pretty empty. I'm not sure if there's any interest in wheeling on the 4th but I'll post the new date shortly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Yup we usually use CBs but we've also used handheld radios (frs/gmrs) in the past when not everyone had a CB
I'm pretty sure I'll be up. Do most of you run cbs? Does anyone have an swr meter to tune a cb that they are willing to bring?

I'm not familiar with cbs but I've watched a few videos and it looks easy enough to tune. I would buy one but I dont think I'd really need it more than a few times.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Yup we usually use CBs but we've also used handheld radios (frs/gmrs) in the past when not everyone had a CB

Cool I'll keep an eye out on a new date. Got everything wired up except ground strap but i can do that when it comes in. CB does turn on though so happy about that. If no one has an swr meter i can pick one up and tune before hand but from what I'm reading i prob wont use it again.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
It looks like we're gonna be pushing this run out another week. Matt was supposed to be rebuilding his ball joints at my place yesterday and we ran into issues. The following weekend is the 4th, we wheeled this park last year on the 4th and it was pretty empty. I'm not sure if there's any interest in wheeling on the 4th but I'll post the new date shortly.

I thought he did his Ball Joints about 2 or 3 years ago. Those 37s must take their toll.

Top Bottom