Balancing tires.

Cavscout263

So I am wondering how I go about balancing my tires? Can I just take it to a regular tires shop to balance a set of nitto 35"x12.5 x17 on a set of atx186 slot 17x9 wheels? I have heard mixed answers that I would have to get dynamic balancing beads or other home remedies. Will a regular tire shop even attempt this or do I need to do it myself or take it to a offroading shop to do this? Thanks for the help.

So I am wondering how I go about balancing my tires? Can I just take it to a regular tires shop to balance a set of nitto 35"x12.5 x17 on a set of atx186 slot 17x9 wheels? I have heard mixed answers that I would have to get dynamic balancing beads or other home remedies. Will a regular tire shop even attempt this or do I need to do it myself or take it to a offroading shop to do this? Thanks for the help.
It may depend on the store. I called around and asked. Youll want to have it done on a roadforce balancer regardless. Some have it, some dont.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You don't need the dynabeads to balance tires. My 35's on atx chamber pros I got road force balanced and they are perfect. Max weight used was 2oz I think. A static balance is where you may run into issues. I know I had a shop say they couldn't balance my old set of 35's on 16" wheel because they were to big and would take to much weight.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I've taken my 35's on normal wheels and 37s on beadlocks to discount tire and they balanced them no problem. I have lifetime balancing on mine through them even with beadlocks. They just won't assemble/disassemble then

Peak

Since they aren't beadlocks any place should balance them. My local discount tire will balance all tires and wheels I believe, even beadlocks...you just have to torque the bolts yourself.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I tired the beads with no real change, also had a "static blanace" that was a joke at a very trusted tire shop (feel it was a little more than they could handle from what I normally go with). I wish I had a discount tire locally tho...not that my wheels need it but it would be nice for the future.

Cavscout263

Found a dealer who has force road balance and is willing to mount,balance and install tires 5 tires for $62! Tax and everything.

Top Bottom