Banks/Money Managment

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I've used Chase for years, I have pretty basic banking needs though. I've also got a credit union account. With the chase app I can usually get checks(even hand written checks) credited to my account in under 24 hrs. I rarely use the branch offices so have no real customer service experience. FWIW

fiend

Caught the Bug
I just use them for my everyday purchases and pay them in full every month. Saving 5% or getting 1-3% in reward points is a little perk over paying with cash or debit. If I want to finance something I always wait for 0% interest promotions. The key is making sure you pay it off I'm the time allotted. Otherwise you get hit with all the accrued interest for that time. That could be anywhere from 18-23.9%. One more payment on the tires we put on the Durango courtesy of syncrony and discount tire..haha. One of the best cards I've found right now is the Costco Citi Card. The rewards are 4% on gas purchases (up to 7k a year), 3% on dinning and travel, 2% at Costco, and 1% on everything else. No annual fee with your membership. I need to sign up still.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Check out the Citi double cash card. 2% cash back on everything, with no limits and no annual fee. I put everything on mine and I’ve pretty much had the same few $20 bills in my wallet for months.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

chuck79

I've been a credit union member for about 25 years, but really only went all-in with them about 8 years ago after I got fed up with all the stuff you listed.

Shit, they give me 2.5% on my checking account. I'm stupid for not using them for everything sooner. Not having a local branch concerned me, but now that everything is electronic, it's no problem. For the times I need to do something in person, most all credit unions will take care of another union's members for things like deposits, withdrawals, and cashier's checks.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

No way you get 2.5% on checking. I’ll deposit half a million now.

JBF

I've been using Chase only because I burned my favorite credit union in bankruptcy 5 years ago (Navy Federal Credit Union). Once my 7 years is up, I'm going back to NFCU. I can't wait.

M0J0

I use PNC and CIT because they give 2.35% and 2.45% interest for a savings account. Goldman Sachs gives 2.25% APY For any other investments I like to use Vanguard. Warren Buffett swears by Vanguard. The Vanguard 500 Index is good and safe. I am keeping a lot of money liquid in savings right now. I feel the market is ripe for a crash.

I do also use Wells Fargo, but only because they are the sole large bank in my county. I don't keep a lot with them though. Wells Fargo is evil.

Gbint

Up here in Canada we have banks now sharing our financial info with our version of your IRS.. so they know what we have and where we have it!!!

Primo82

Caught the Bug
For years I’ve used Wells Fargo for my banking needs, including a Roth IRA, Wells Fargo Platinum Credit Card, as well as a basic checking and savings accounts.

Over the last couple of years Wells Fargo has been really pulling on my strings. They like to hold my automatic payments, hold deposited checks (my employer is old fashioned, and still issues an actual check) for “fund verification” at least once a month, causing issues with my automatic bill payments which I then get charges fees for. The issues are the bills will overdraw my account at the very end of the pay cycle, and the check is held long enough that it allows the overdraft fees to hit my account, effectively cutting anywhere from 75-150 out of my final deposited amount. They also have a bad habit of not authorizing transactions until after my account gets that way, and they rack up on overdraft fees. It seems to be a common complaint with them, as I have seen many people online and talked to many people who have had their money played with time and time again by them.

Long story short, I’m fed up with their antics and want a new bank. I want to know who does everyone here bank with, and how do you like them. Little local banks need not apply because I am looking at nationwide banks, unless i decide to look into a credit union, which is a strong option as I have seen some of the amazing rates they can offer people with all levels of credit through my prior car sales experience.

I’ve heard food things about Regions as well as Chase. My plan is to use a new bank just for savings/checking and keep my IRA and credit cards with Wells, as I have not had any issues with either of those accounts.

I will echo the credit union sentiment. You may still run into issues with physical deposit/auto withdraw. But they're much easier to deal with. I have a WF mortgage, can't wait to pay those bastards off...

WJCO

Meme King
I have a WF mortgage, can't wait to pay those bastards off...

I've had several properties with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage and one not by choice (loan was bought by them) but I can honestly say, I loved working with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage.

Now, Wells Fargo for banking, different story and horrible experiences and I won't ever go back.

Top Bottom