Battery powered drill, saw, grinder...???

dahreno

Banned
I have been in the field for 30 years and I have had Milwaukee, several Makita's , and De Walt. The Makitas were my first being the old 7.2, 9.6 and 12 volt. The Milwaukee was a 12 volt, and De walts are 18 volt nicads. I still have a Makita 12 volt that has lasted longer then them all. The Milwaulkee lasted the least amount of time, and the Dewalts are going strong.

Panda

I enjoy reading all of the opinions, but this is pretty much a Ford v. Chevy v. GMC v. Dodge thread.

Every contractor I know or have ever worked with has an opinion about power tools as loyal as their opinion about what truck to use to carry the tools. The opinions are never the same, but they are always resolute.

Except for corded skillsaw all pro's use a worm drive skillsaw if they don't they're not a pro, it's been a staple in the industry for years & I think all pros agree a Milwaukee sawsall is the best when it comes to corded

pvanweelden

One thing to consider- if you can find a good tool set that is 12v, you could buy a battery jumper cable and make a cable to power the tools off your jeep battery instead of individual batteries.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkjurny

I have a Makita from 2000 that is still going. No experience with their recent stuff. My Lithium Ion tools are Bosch. So far so good. The impact wrench I have has enough torque to remove the lugnuts on my Jeep.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Except for corded skillsaw all pro's use a worm drive skillsaw if they don't they're not a pro, it's been a staple in the industry for years & I think all pros agree a Milwaukee sawsall is the best when it comes to corded

Fair enough. I agree on those two, and a Vaughan California Framer hammer. I just sold my magnesium Skilsaw three weeks ago. Bought it in 1997...still worked better than any competitors' newer circular saw.

Panda

Fair enough. I agree on those two, and a Vaughan California Framer hammer. I just sold my magnesium Skilsaw three weeks ago. Bought it in 1997...still worked better than any competitors' newer circular saw.

Yes sir I've driven many sinkers with my old Vaughan :thumb:

SDG

Caught the Bug

I have an old B&D super sawcat. Awesome circular saw, still runs like a champ too for being 20+ years old. I just love old tools, most were made so much better. Thats why I have a 1940's atlas in the garage too. Unfortunately they dont do cordless so well. Haha.

Top Bottom