BBailey's build thread

bbailey

Banned
Well that build plan stayed unchanged for longer than is typical. I managed to come into a very solid deal on some Poison Spyder parts so I've changed a few items in my plan. As such, I've got two parts from the prior build plan for sale (as well as a few take-off parts from the JKU).

These are offered at what I paid (less shipping). Great deal for someone local to get these without having to pay the $125 in shipping charges and without having to wait. These are both brand new, never installed, and the Rock Guards are still sitting in the box they shipped in (the sliders don't ship in a box).
EVO Rock Guards (Brand New/Never Installed) - $259.99
EVO Rock Sliders (Brand New/Never Installed) - $469.99

And a few take-off's from my 2012 and 2009:

Rubicon Wheels with Firestone Destination AT tires mounted - $400
Rubicon Side Steps - $200
Smittybuilt XRC Front Bumper - $350
Smittybuilt X2O 8k Winch - $300 ($600 for Bumper/Winch combo)
KMC XD-Series 807 Strike Wheels w/ Nitto Dune Grapplers mounted - $1200

Posted a for sale thread as well but for anyone that doesn't see it, I'm located in the DFW area and will deliver to any buyer in the North Dallas area (and potentially to other areas within the DFW metroplex). Any shipping charges and/or arrangements are the responsibility of the buyer.

bbailey

Banned
So almost everything has arrived though I made quite a few changes to the original plan.

Switched from EVO bumpers and armor to Poison Spyder - BFH front and rear bumpers and Brawler Rockers (need the step platform they provide)

Rigid D2's being mounted to the front bumper in addition to a Rigid SR2 10 inch bar (spot pattern). Bar above the fairlead, the dually's to each side.

Switched from the Warn winch to a TJM 9000 lbs Winch - I'll be writing a separate post about this after I've had a chance to test it out. Synthetic line, wired and remote controls, $699 shipped to my door. Out of the box, it looks very, very well made. We'll see how it holds up.

Was having a hard time getting a set of Nitto's quickly so ended up going with the Pintler Beadlocks I already had along with the 37" MTRK's. The Slabs got swapped out for a set of Racelines and they are going to sit in my garage until the Nitto's show up.

Suspension
Went with the EVO front Bolt-on Mounts as they are, in my opinion, the best out there at this point.
Spec'ed out my own valving for a set of front remote reservoir Coil-Over's from King
Out back, I'm going with a 4 inch Plush Ride Coil and a set of custom valved King smoothies with EVO Rock Stars and the Poly Performance long travel upper mount.
Up front, gussets and control arm skids went on last week.

Also added a 10 lbs Powertank set-up and a Rotopax mounting set-up since I ditched the OR Fab tire carrier in favor of the GenRight aluminum carrier (though still considering the EVO carrier as well).

Also ditched the OR Fab rear corner armor and will probably end up going with the Poison Spyder rear corner armor when I get around to placing the order. A lot will depend on which tire carrier I eventually end up with.

All I'm waiting on presently are the Kings and the Poison Spyder bumpers. Everything else is sitting in the garage. The PSC stuff should be here by Friday, which means Saturday is an installation day and the Kings should be here by next Friday with even a little bit of luck.

Got a little wheeling done this past weekend at Northwest OHV park in Bridgeport, TX. Nothing too difficult but was fun to get out and see how the largely stock JKUR handles. My 2012 JKUR in front and 2009 bringing up the rear.
White JKUR.jpg

bbailey

Banned
Two more shots from this past weekend. Rained a good portion of the day which turned the very dry clay into something that resembled concrete. Resulted in a massive case of the death wobbles on the way home (or at least until I could find a DIY car wash and get the underside and wheels cleaned off). Next week looks like a 96 hour marathon build session starting a week from tomorrow though prep work on the bumpers and sliders starts this evening assuming UPS does as they are supposed to do.

Bridgeport - White JKUR-1 - Copy.jpg

Bridgeport - White JKUR-2 - Copy.jpg

bbailey

Banned
Day 1 of the build.

Here she is ready to back into the shop.
20140319_132850 (1).jpg

Laying out most of the parts.
20140319_132642 (1).jpg

King Remote Reservoirs front and rear (front coil-overs with rear shocks and 4" EVO Plush Ride Springs)
20140319_132702 (1).jpg

The joy of preparing metal bumpers and sliders.
20140319_153322.jpg

More to come.

bbailey

Banned
Slowly but surely, she's taking shape.

Coilovers and bumps in up front.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395670738.939830.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395670755.638747.jpg

Rear PSC BFH Rear Bumper
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395670801.655848.jpg

Front PSC BFH Bumper with Brawler Bar and a TJM Stealth Series 9000 lbs winch. Plus a 10" Rigid SR2 Hyperspot LED.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395670930.721069.jpg

bbailey

Banned
Love that bumper! How much of the frame did you have to chop to get it on?

A lot. Substantially more than I'd have been comfortable doing myself especially with the complete removal of the rear cross member. Thankfully shop fabricated up a new cross member and welded it in inside and behind the bumper so there wouldn't be any loss of rigidity. Not something I'd install myself.

But you can't beat the departure angle.

bbailey

Banned
Another day closer. Some heavier duty steering components and the front LCA's tomorrow andvshevshould be ready to go.

Synergy Baja Basket in the rear
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395719671.875500.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395719707.861276.jpg

Coilover goodness
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395719727.379034.jpg

King smoothies rear, still waiting for the canister mounts to arrive.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395719766.499406.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395719783.364325.jpg

Ride height is a bit higher in the rear than I'd ideally want but should settle a bit and with the gear I typically carry, that should bring her down to where I want her.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395719805.750516.jpg

Did get a chance to drive her around the shops property and it's easy to see why the King coilovers are the go to set-up. These things just allow you to float over the terrain. Can only imagine what the DTD must be like.

bbailey

Banned
Shake down run in progress. Ran out of time and didn't get the PSC Brawler Rockers installed, but otherwise she's done for now.

Ozarks Natl. Forest. Good times. Poser shots. All the good stuffs on the camera and the cell service up here sucks.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396060769.941256.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396060787.266066.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396060826.845185.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396060860.249491.jpg

Top Bottom