BDS Suspensions

PT1400

Does anyone have any experience with these guys and their products? I've got a TJ but that doesn't matter to me. I'm looking at a couple of different long arm setups from them and others. What is you experience? What 7 slot do you have? What product did you purchase? What was their customer service like? If you prefer another manufacturer & model, which one & why?

WJCO

Meme King
I run BDS/Zone on my WJ. It's tolerable but wouldn't call it great. If you want a quick budget lift, go for it, if you want better ride quality save for something else. Mine came with shocks and control arms. Those bushings wore out very quickly. Now their track bar bushings are pretty sweet.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I have their 3 in. lift on my 14 JK sport 4dr, works pretty good. I have decided to change to the Evo plush rides, got the front coils on but not the back ones yet. The BDS coils ride ok on road, it does seem to ride better with the Evo coils on the front though.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

rlee

Fox bought Sport truck USA a few years ago. Sport Truck owns Zone, BDS, JKS, and Posi-Lok.
I havn't dealt with BDS jeep stuff but have used a lot of their truck stuff and would describe them as a mid-level type of lift.

jkrichard

I had a 4" SA bds kit for years. In an 07 2dr. I broke one of their gen 1 adjustable control arms but as per their no BS warranty it was replaced with no issue. (It was about 4 years old at that point as well) Even after it had been welded to get me home. It was also probably my fault that the nut wasn't tight enough. They sent me 2 controls arms to replace the old ones and they were the gen 2 arms as well with the flex joints. They also sent them before I had to send the old ones back so I wasn't without a vehicle for the in between.

I can't say anything bad other than it rode a little hard on pavement. The have changed their bushings a few times and are greatly improved as well.

I do like their warranty and customer service.

Good luck with any lift you decide to get.

RageKage

I have their 6 1/2" long arm kit (with all 8 adjustable control arms) on my '14 JKU. I absolutely love it. No complaints what's so ever. Ride is a little stiff but honestly what do you expect out of suspension components designed for off road use? Never spoke with any representatives but didn't have any problems ordering online. If I had to order a lift kit again I would definitely go with BDS unless I was going with coilovers. I have a rancho kit on my '74 CJ5 and I hate it. Way too tippy while turning and just overall sloppy in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

PT1400

All great info! Its almost time to get rid of the 20yo suspension. Shocks are shot, springs as well, most of the bushings are on their way. Rides great on the interstate! Everywhere else its just toast. Also considering EVO but I don't know about the price tag.

Jeepzero

I'm getting ready to put on the bds 2inch springs and shocks since my 01 tj probably still has original stuff on it. I've heard good things about it plus the price is right for now and I can go up in tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WJCO

Meme King
I'm getting ready to put on the bds 2inch springs and shocks since my 01 tj probably still has original stuff on it. I've heard good things about it plus the price is right for now and I can go up in tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to Wayalife.

BobNH

Does anyone have any experience with these guys and their products? I've got a TJ but that doesn't matter to me. I'm looking at a couple of different long arm setups from them and others. What is you experience? What 7 slot do you have? What product did you purchase? What was their customer service like? If you prefer another manufacturer & model, which one & why?
I can only say I did an absolute s-ton of internet searching and it came down to bds or pro comp springs. I already had the shocks for my tj, and everytjing I fiund out the procomp spring quality at the top of every spring in the range. It was pretty convincing. I bought them, 180 for the set, then traded the tj before installing them and they went in the deal. So no actual experience, just a whole lot of info from the web that I felt was pretty accurate.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom