Beadlock wheel and tire combo help

Ddays

Hooked
Yours look really great for being in PA. A lot of work to keep them that way?

Honestly I know i likely wouldn’t put the necessary work into preserving them like that.

Thanks, and absolutely it's a pain in the ass to keep them looking good but I like them enough that I do it. Granted, mines not a DD but still, its got over 50K miles on it The key is getting the salt off the same day. The rest of the usual road grime/mud/brake dust really doesn't affect the Sharkhide and they will stay pretty shiny.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Only if you don't taker care of them and wash frequently. The machined wheels do not have a clearcoat on them - they are completely raw. If you live in an area where they salt the roads and you don't get the salt off right away it will ruin them. Having said that, I love the machined wheels. Seems everyone has done the black wheel thing to death. Nothing wrong with them at all, but you don't see everyone with machined wheels anymore. Just keep after them and they'll be fine. I used a metal coating called Sharkhide on mine and it makes cleanup really easy. Now after a wash I hit the wheels with a spray on wax as an additional layer of protection and I have had no issues with corrosion. But again, get that salt/brine shit off right away or it'll eat through pretty much anything.

I’m with you. I have black wheels on mine, but I’m really digging the shiny look, now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

nightrain02

tec question on atx beadlocks

im running atx slabs 17x9 and 37 inch irok super swampers and when torqued down to 22 ft lbs I still have 3/16 of a gap between ring and rim. I have talked to many people about this issue with no luck saying this wheel offers no spacer like other wheel companies do. any help woiuld be awesome. sorry im new here.

Top Bottom