Beadlock Wheel Setup....how they arrived.

Desert Crawler

Mounted my 40 inch coopers on Slabs last week. It is a pain to get the bead seated before bolting up the ring. Also the lip of the rim sticks out about 3/16" of an inch on the back of the tire which is normal. On my old Nittos it was flush because of a different design on the bead.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I had the exact same experience with 37" Coopers on Machetes (which are basically the same wheel) a couple of weeks ago.

jeeeep

Hooked
that's how most vendors ship beadlock/tire combos - my buddy got his the same way.

There's usually some mold form flashing on the inside of the bead, some manufacturers do a better job of trimming it than others.

if there's more than 1/8" carefully take a razor and trim it off - Don't cut into the tire bead!

trimming the flashing makes it easier to seat the bead around the wheel. if there's too much flashing and it folds up between the bead and ring, it'll slow leak.

dillard09

that's how most vendors ship beadlock/tire combos - my buddy got his the same way.

There's usually some mold form flashing on the inside of the bead, some manufacturers do a better job of trimming it than others.

if there's more than 1/8" carefully take a razor and trim it off - Don't cut into the tire bead!

trimming the flashing makes it easier to seat the bead around the wheel. if there's too much flashing and it folds up between the bead and ring, it'll slow leak.
Man I have the same wheel and tire combo and I have to put air in mine almost every other weekend. It'll be all the way down to 7-8 psi! [emoji6] [emoji106]
Just wish it was every weekend!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Did you end up using the O-Ring that comes with the install kit for the wheels? Not really sure if I need it? I'm assuming these just slip in on the backside to make the rim flush against the rotor. Didn't have to use them on my pro comps.... View attachment 267908

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have never gotten any o rings with either set of Slabs that I have. Bolt down until metal to metal contact. Mine don't lose any air between wheeling trips.

JKbrick

Did you end up using the O-Ring that comes with the install kit for the wheels? Not really sure if I need it? I'm assuming these just slip in on the backside to make the rim flush against the rotor. Didn't have to use them on my pro comps.... View attachment 267908

Does that bag have any numbers on it? I'd buy them from you if you don't use them

jeeeep

Hooked

they do go on from the back side, they're hub centric rings - just helps take a little of the stress off the bolts but I ran without them just fine.

I found having them on makes it easier to line up the bolts when putting the wheels on the Jeep

Top Bottom