Benatc1's Big Black to be named later build thread 2.0

Oh, and take a look at MTG's build thread. We used the crate that the carrier came in to build a frame to help steady the carrier for installation. The frame and two floor jacks made it a lot easier.

(and let me know if you need extra hands for the install because I am always happy to help if I can)

Oh, and take a look at MTG's build thread. We used the crate that the carrier came in to build a frame to help steady the carrier for installation. The frame and two floor jacks made it a lot easier.

(and let me know if you need extra hands for the install because I am always happy to help if I can)

I will for sure check it out, it seem like the install could call for a few more hands so I may be hitting you up, especially being that you done it before

Notice how after all the beer posts came up, Sharkey was willing to lend a hand.......

whatever it takes right!? :cheesy:

^^ :cheesy:

My momma didn't raise no fool.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

maybe I can throw a pizza and beer install party!!

So my EVO corners and Tire carrier should be here before to long and im going to jump head first into the install when i have time but have been thinking about the powder coat options and would like some suggestions or maybe words of wisdom for those who have experience. Being I have a nice shiny black Jeep i was thinking about trying to match the corners as close to the jeep color/gloss level as possible so they blend in and maybe do more of a Matte black for the tire carrier but i still dont know- i could do all in a Matte so itll be off set of the jeep color or all color/gloss matched, i really am unsure what i want and concerned with how the higher gloss would hold up on the trail even though it would look clean. any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Personally, I like the carrier to match the bumper. I think the corners look good both ways (matching the carrier and rest of the armor or matching the paint).

I'm not sure if you have seen pics of the corners removed after use for a few winters, but rust is definitely a possibility. I have this idea that you could "make" a perfect gasket to protect your paint and body by first spraying plasti-dip on the body. Basically, just cover the entire spot beneath the EVO corners. If you overspray a bit you can just peel the plastic-dip off. In theory, it should work fine as a protective layer between the body and EVO corner skins. It definitely adds some work to the install, but its something to consider doing after you have fitted the corners but before you get them back from powder coat/paint.

Personally, I like the carrier to match the bumper. I think the corners look good both ways (matching the carrier and rest of the armor or matching the paint).

I'm not sure if you have seen pics of the corners removed after use for a few winters, but rust is definitely a possibility. I have this idea that you could "make" a perfect gasket to protect your paint and body by first spraying plasti-dip on the body. Basically, just cover the entire spot beneath the EVO corners. If you overspray a bit you can just peel the plastic-dip off. In theory, it should work fine as a protective layer between the body and EVO corner skins. It definitely adds some work to the install, but its something to consider doing after you have fitted the corners but before you get them back from powder coat/paint.

Thats a good thought with the plasti-dip, I may try that out and let you know how it goes, i don't think it would be a ton of work id just tape everything off before i remove the corner- would you still use silicone around the edges and holes when you are at the final install? Also I think i would tend to agree with you about them being the same color/gloss

realized i read it wrong, my bumper will be the evo fascia thats coming powder coat black, so i can maybe match it from there and see what i think

Yes, I would still silicone the edges and holes, even with plasti-dip. You will have a pretty decent gap on the bend around the corner.

20170202_153317.jpg got a few things starting to roll in, want to change my diff fluids and figured I'd throw one of these on as the Red ARB cover doesn't fit colorwise with my new jeep, plus this will fit better and not have a dumb dipstick with is a pita.

Also grabbed some evo front lower adjustable control arms to get everything dialed in, being the terrorflex ones I have are beat.

should be receiving more of the armor and tire carrier early next week, Axle shafts probably next week as well.

Also started sourcing the parts for a dynomax quiet crawler and about have showed up, tail pipe is 2 weeks out.

so plenty of work ahead!

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

got a few things starting to roll in, want to change my diff fluids and figured I'd throw one of these on as the Red ARB cover doesn't fit colorwise with my new jeep, plus this will fit better and not have a dumb dipstick with is a pita.

Also grabbed some evo front lower adjustable control arms to get everything dialed in, being the terrorflex ones I have are beat.

should be receiving more of the armor and tire carrier early next week, Axle shafts probably next week as well.

Also started sourcing the parts for a dynomax quiet crawler and about have showed up, tail pipe is 2 weeks out.

so plenty of work ahead!

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice list. Glad to hear you're doing the quiet crawler kit part by part. Let us know how it turns out. There's a lot of demand for that system.

Top Bottom