Benatc1's Big Black to be named later build thread 2.0

benatc1

Hooked
Nice ride, will be looking forward to your first trail when you get the chance may be a while with football season going on. It will be a sad day for the wolfpack when a certain team comes to town, and you know who I'm talking about.

heck ya, we'll get out there as soon as we can! cowboys are going down!

benatc1

Hooked
Great new Jeep!

So what upgrades are you thinking ?

swapping alot over from my 2012, eventually get some armor, tire carrier, bumper, 37s, and either king shocks, or bolt on coil overs probably. gonna have this Jeep for a long time so some of that stuff will done over time. who knows though!!

benatc1

Hooked
started tearing apart the 2 door today after work. got the front axle, rear axle, and the majority of the suspension parts out. planning on taking the rear axle shafts out to swap over the backing plates and breaks but one of the 4 studs are spinning on the drivers side so gotta work on that tomorrow. hope to get more done tomorrow afternoon.

Attachments

• 1472273964205.jpg
    1472273964205.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 295
  • 1472273979957.jpg
    1472273979957.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 286
  • 1472273991855.jpg
    1472273991855.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 291
  • 1472274005738.jpg
    1472274005738.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 290
  • 1472274016062.jpg
    1472274016062.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 300
  • 1472274028226.jpg
    1472274028226.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 302

Jeepnoub

I have sport axles that would love to swap with your rubi's.

Maybe we could work a deal if your interested. Pm me.

benatc1

Hooked
got a bit more work done today, swapped the front bumper over, threw a coat of paint on the rear axle, got the headlights uninstalled and ready to swap..think that was it??

Attachments

• 1472349303010.jpg
    1472349303010.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 269
  • 1472349317374.jpg
    1472349317374.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 276
  • 1472349453519.jpg
    1472349453519.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 262

TRLJNKY

got a bit more work done today, swapped the front bumper over, threw a coat of paint on the rear axle, got the headlights uninstalled and ready to swap..think that was it??

Poor red. Looks so sad lol. Its gonna be awesome when done though

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Ben, when I got your text last week about your new 2016 Rubicon, I was so happy. You will never regret going with the 2016 4-door. In my humble opinion, this is the best year (2014 and up isn't bad either). The reasons are multiple, but here are the main reasons: Strong Engine and Transmission. Here is the research I conducted while just trying to figure out which oil to use (5W-20 vs. 5W-30).

The engine is the venerable Chrysler Pentastar V6 Code "G" engine which puts out 285 bhp with 260 foots pounds of torque. This is plenty in my book. It has Aluminum cylinders and heads along with dual overhead camshafts and variable valve timing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Pentastar_engine

But then you think, wait a second, if the engine is the heart of the operation, the transmission must be the soul. What about the tranny? Well, this is what is really cool about your decision to go with the automatic transmission. It uses the Mercedes-Benz 5G-Tronic transmission, code W5A580. This thing was designed for the MB AMG series of vehicles, such as the V8 kompressor, S600 and S65, all very serious machines. The torque capacity of the transmission is up to 796 foot pounds. That is almost 3 times the rating for the engine!!! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_5G-Tronic_transmission

So you have already been impressed by the smoothness of the transmission and the power of the engine. I may be colored by purchase confirmation since I also picked up my 2016 earlier this year, but just wanted to share with you the cool heart and soul our rigs have. You have a perfect foundation on which to build.

I cannot wait to see you out on the trails soon. Just let me know when by friend.

benatc1

Hooked
Ben, when I got your text last week about your new 2016 Rubicon, I was so happy. You will never regret going with the 2016 4-door. In my humble opinion, this is the best year (2014 and up isn't bad either). The reasons are multiple, but here are the main reasons: Strong Engine and Transmission. Here is the research I conducted while just trying to figure out which oil to use (5W-20 vs. 5W-30).

The engine is the venerable Chrysler Pentastar V6 Code "G" engine which puts out 285 bhp with 260 foots pounds of torque. This is plenty in my book. It has Aluminum cylinders and heads along with dual overhead camshafts and variable valve timing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Pentastar_engine

But then you think, wait a second, if the engine is the heart of the operation, the transmission must be the soul. What about the tranny? Well, this is what is really cool about your decision to go with the automatic transmission. It uses the Mercedes-Benz 5G-Tronic transmission, code W5A580. This thing was designed for the MB AMG series of vehicles, such as the V8 kompressor, S600 and S65, all very serious machines. The torque capacity of the transmission is up to 796 foot pounds. That is almost 3 times the rating for the engine!!! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_5G-Tronic_transmission

So you have already been impressed by the smoothness of the transmission and the power of the engine. I may be colored by purchase confirmation since I also picked up my 2016 earlier this year, but just wanted to share with you the cool heart and soul our rigs have. You have a perfect foundation on which to build.

I cannot wait to see you out on the trails soon. Just let me know when by friend.

Thanks man, good information. Im excited about everything moving forward,excited about getting back out there soon. What oil weight do you run anyway?

benatc1

Hooked
Everywhere I looked it recommends 5w-20. There was a change to the engine in 2014 and Chrysler changed the oil weight from 5w-30.

Ok cool, that's what's on the cap but didn't know if you were doing something different.

Ben, while switching headlights, and while it's still tore apart, put in two of these. View attachment 220271

View attachment 220272

They will help a ton in adjustments. They are only $2.00

ah good call man, that will make it much easier. I will for sure get some. thanks for the tip brother!

benatc1

Hooked
Been a few long days at work this week so haven't been able to get any real work done, but last night got a few odds and ends together, mainly cut fenders pulled off and painted, front drive shaft removed, rear axle re-assmebled and prepped for install. Should have a decent amount of time this weekend to get the new Jeep on jack stands and swap in the axles/suspension/steering/tires. plan is to have all the stuff going in set aside so it once the stock stuff is out it'll be an easy transition. had to wait for a set of 4" plush rides and new front sway bar links to arrive (should be today) before i could get to far into swapping anyway. will post a few pics tonight

Top Bottom