Bent King Shock Shaft

chipper

I'm gonna guess it was your front passenger shock?

I would suggest you look into lower shock relocation brackets. When you run more lift the axle swipes more pushing the shock into the frame and causing it to bend. The brackets will push the axle side of the shock out towards the wheel helping to lessen the chances of it bending again.

Are the shock relocation brackets something that should be done as a preventative measure. Kinda like the C gussets?
I just purchased the 3" enforcer for 35" tires, and rancho 9000. Plan on installing next month. Should I just get the brackets and do it all at the same time.
I have a '14 JKU sport.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Are the shock relocation brackets something that should be done as a preventative measure. Kinda like the C gussets?
I just purchased the 3" enforcer for 35" tires, and rancho 9000. Plan on installing next month. Should I just get the brackets and do it all at the same time.
I have a '14 JKU sport.

You shouldn't need them with those shocks.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have a '14 JKU sport.

As mtg said you shouldn't need them. The Kings are a higher shock I believe and that's why it would be good to have the brackets. Did you just purchase the enforcer? If so I believe it comes with the brackets now. If it doesn't and you want to get the brackets as a preventative measure it isn't going to hurt.

chipper

As mtg said you shouldn't need them. The Kings are a higher shock I believe and that's why it would be good to have the brackets. Did you just purchase the enforcer? If so I believe it comes with the brackets now. If it doesn't and you want to get the brackets as a preventative measure it isn't going to hurt.

Yes I did. It didn't come with the brackets though.

Yeep

Here is a pic of the bent shaft.... They sent it back with the repaired shock...

I took the other front shock off today to make sure it wasn't bent and checked the nitrogen... It was at 27 psi. I wish I would have checked the damaged one before I sent it in... Just to see ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1417655693.820574.jpg

jk12blk

So I sent one of my front King 2.5's back to them to get repaired after I found it stuck.

It wouldn't move and they called and said the shaft was bent. It's getting repaired and I should get it back next week.

What are some reasons that would cause this? The lift/shock only had a couple hundred road miles on it and One light off road trip that I didn't do anything crazy on....

I'm just trying to avoid this in the future.....

Lift is a 4" EVO enforcer with 3"-5" shocks
Same thing happened to me w/ my King 2.5's (one of the front shocks). I did not notice it until I had removed them as part of a recent rebuild when I switched to coilovers. It was explained to me in detail by the fab shop why that happens, but forget what he said. I think it had to do with the brackets - misalignment of some kind. I ended up selling them at a deeper discount to a guy who ultimately had the shock shaft replaced.

Top Bottom