best 2 door lift for 35's with a great ride

TiciTaci

Banned
Something I've been wondering, on a relatively mild lift (say ~2") will there be a difference between a long-arm kit and the standard mid-arms, assuming that the bushings are the same? Or is it only noticeable once you go higher and the control arm angles increase?

OllllO Fanatic

wayoflife if I buy a kit from ORE which would be the best to upgrade to coil overs and the double throw down front and rear and the evo lever? Keeping in mind I only want 35's, is that over kill or even reasonable?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Anything can be upgraded for the most part. A good starter lift is the enforcer kit.

Parts can be used over on the bolt on coilovers.

OllllO Fanatic

does ORE have any lifts that won't require cutting, that fit what I am looking for? I still have a warranty and don't want to void it... yet.

does ORE have any lifts that won't require cutting, that fit what I am looking for? I still have a warranty and don't want to void it... yet.

You only need to cut the stock track bar bracket to mount the EVO Enforcer. That will only void your warranty on the bracket not the whole jeep. Even some of the Mopar kits cut the bracket and requires drilling for the cambolts. I wouldn't chose my lift based on voiding warranty.

BTW I just purchased the Enforcer/king 2.0. I haven't installed it yet, but I have driven other rigs with it and its a nice lift. Rides better then the rest i've tried.

OllllO Fanatic

You only need to cut the stock track bar bracket to mount the EVO Enforcer. That will only void your warranty on the bracket not the whole jeep. Even some of the Mopar kits cut the bracket and requires drilling for the cambolts. I wouldn't chose my lift based on voiding warranty.

BTW I just purchased the Enforcer/king 2.0. I haven't installed it yet, but I have driven other rigs with it and its a nice lift. Rides better then the rest i've tried.

Thank you I didn't know that. Well Im thinking this sounds like the better lift to get. Hoping to get it in the next month or so. Are you installing yours your self? If you do let me know how it goes in.

jbaskin28

I have the TF 2.5" Coil lift on my 2 dr w/ cut fenders and 35" and right now its more than enough. Installed it with help from a buddy. Super easy, the bump stops where a pita though. If i remember this correctly, after about 3" of lift, the angle of the driveshafts become too much and they will eventually fail. I don't remember seeing that in any of replies above, but definitely should have come up if you where searching.

Here is what she looks like with a little flex.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I have pictures on my phone of non-flexing. I'll get those up later when I'm not at work.

Hope this helps!

OllllO Fanatic

Do I need the enforcer kit for the coil overs? Or can I just buy the coil overs alone? I was thinking I would need something adjustable, so could I just buy the coil overs with a long arm kit? I don't have the money as of now, so as I research things I change my mind, then read more and change it again. What are the benefits of coilovers VS EVO's 4" lift kit DoubleD JK bolt on long arm VS EVO Enforcer VS Enforcer w/longarms??? Do you all know if ORE offer military discount?

Last edited:

aaronstephen

If you're only doing 35's I wouldn't go so high with your lift. Maybe stick with the 3" enforcer lift. That's 3" for a four door so you will sit a little higher. Lcog is a good thing. Especially with the short wheel base of a 2door.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
2.5" or 3" max for 35" tires unless you are going to be doing extreme stuff. I had the 2.5 on my last JK with 35s and it was great. A lot less modifications required also.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I have the 3" plush rides from eve and love the ride on and off road. They give more than 3" for 2drs but I feel its almost perfect height right now. I would get the enforcer 3" for 35s and go from there.

GuillaumeC91

I have the 3" plush rides from eve and love the ride on and off road. They give more than 3" for 2drs but I feel its almost perfect height right now. I would get the enforcer 3" for 35s and go from there.

Still running stock driveshafts? Any plans to upgrade or are they holding up okay?

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I think he's running JE Reel shafts.... Maybe he will chime in.

je reel hd rear, and coast front I think. Ordered at different time which is why they are diff brands. The stock shafts held up fine with my 2.5 teraflex lift and also were fine after swapping in the 3" plush rides. Im sure I could have gone longer with them but had them changed out just incase. The boots were perfect all around when removed.

Sugarbear

So far, I opted for a cheap lift while I save some money for Evo double D and coil overs, which will be much later in the project (read 2 to 3 years). this way I still can do moderate trails without the high costs.

Mine is a zone offroad 3", very basic lift kit, but rides smooth, could say better than stock coils and 2" spacers. It's certainly not comparable to high end stuff, not even close to a complete mid arm kit, but gets the job done until I saved enough.

Are you happy with the zone 3 inch any complaints?? I just ordered it for my 2 door

OllllO Fanatic

I thank you all for the info, but lets get back on track. I would still like to know the benefits of each. Yes I would like to know based off the 2 door. Can I put coil overs on a 2 door? Can I install coil overs on a stock jeep or are adjustable control arms required? If so do they have to be long arms? What are the benefits to coil overs vs lift kits (Enforcer or 4" DoubleD long arm). The only reason I asked about the 4" lift is it's a bolt on long arm kit. And the cost of the 4" long arm kit is less than buying the enforcer lift and then buying a long arm kit. The more info the better. I want to lift my jeep in as few moves as possible to save cash. I'm thinking buy the enforcer 3", then the long arms, then the coil overs... Unless I can get the DoubleD with 3" springs then I would buy that from the start. Do I even need coil overs? What are their benefits? Would I be better off calling ORE and talking to some one at their shop?

Top Bottom