Best 3 inch lift kit-2013 jk

kyle521

Look at rock krawler. I have the 2.5 stock mod but you could go with a 3.5 inch lift also. Mine was $800 with bilsteins but that was without control arms.
after lift.jpg flex with new lights side view.jpg

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I like the 2.5" & the 3" lifts on 35's. the tire fills the wheel wells a bit better. My 3.5" on 35's kinda makes the tires look small. 2.5" will be a less expensive lift too.

Paratroopers Stay Up Longer!

bob-o12jk

Banned
I have a tf/rk 2.5" lift. Originally started with the tf but ditched the front coils for RK ones, no sag, netted over 3" and flexes like crazy with my bilsteins for a 4" lift and 37's

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1366930365585.jpg
    1366930365585.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 542

jeeeep

Hooked
I'm a fan of Clayton, I run the premium 3.5" on my 2010 with Bilstein 5100's. great ride and handling. When I was searching, I think their budget lift is around $1500 with Bilstein 5100's

sacax

For a 2.5 lift I would go with RK stock mod + EVO lowers + drag link flip (if really necessary which I dont think for the 2.5" but good to have if you decide to switch to higher lift in the future) and 5100 bilsteins... This would be around 1600 $ and avoiding extra issues and cost with drive shaft and still getting the flex from the RK...

Maybe I am wrong...

Hpaulett

Found the rock krawler 2.5 stock mod on 4ws.com that comes with skyjacker H7000 shocks. For 599$. Anyone have any experience with 4ws.com or the H7000 shocks?

xflstl

Found the rock krawler 2.5 stock mod on 4ws.com that comes with skyjacker H7000 shocks. For 599$. Anyone have any experience with 4ws.com or the H7000 shocks?

I cannot speak to the lift, but the skyjacker h7000 shocks are nothing special. They are not junk, but nothing to brag about either, there ride is a bit firm. I went thru 2 sets and had no complaints, but when I went to a slightly higher $ shock I knew within the 1st 5 miles I would never go back.

nacho

While I would be the first to say that "best" is 100% subjective, I'm pretty sure that the OP was asking for opinions on that and not "cheap". Doing this will work but, for his budge and what he's wanting, I personally wouldn't recommend going this route.

Regarding MTR's, I love the way they look and so wanted to love the sit I had but try as I had, they ended up being the worst set of tires I have ever run and wouldn't recommend them to anyone. They are tough to balance, had poor road manners, unpredictable on the rocks and have very weak sidewalls compared to something like a Nitto Trail Grappler or Toyo MT.

I have installed and tested a myriad of lifts on my JK's and would still stand by my original suggestion, an EVO Enforcer kit. By far one of the most comfortable rides you can get bar none.

funny, I had the same experience with MTRs. I run pitbull rockers now and they actually track better. Maybe I got a bad set of MTRs.

RamP

Another vote for Clayton here. If you could go a little above the $1500 budget they're kit comes with all 8 adjustable control arms as well as brake lines and TB relocation bracket. And the arms have a lifetime warranty against bending or breaking.

Hpaulett

So finally talked my fiancé into letting me lift the jeep. Decided on the rock krawler 2.5 stock mod with bilsteins. I was wondering if I should get the 4-5inch bilsteins or 2.5-3inch? Thanks for any advice

ponyrt

Congratulations on the recent purchase. I run the RK 2.5 max travel with 4.5 lift bilsteins 5100's on my 2012 JKU. The longer shock was recommended by both RK and Northridge 4x4. Wanted to originally run RK shocks but got a good deal on a package. Longer bumps stops were also recommended. Might be food for thought. I don't think you'll be disappointed in any way with your choice.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375474256.207201.jpg
"Sorry no action pictures saved on the phone but hope this gives you some inspiration of what's to come"

bob-o12jk

Banned
2.5" RK, bilsteins for 4" lift front, 2" rear, front lower spring retainers,EVO rock stars, factory control arms, trimmed fenders,.pinch seam, cut 2" off rubi rails, factory wheels with 1.5" spidertrax spacers, 37" km2's, and 3 washers in each steering stop.
Even tho im running 2.5" bumpstops front and rear, I still have 4" of uptravel and 7" down on the front shocks
In t
1375474681210.jpg
1375474712569.jpg
These are from last weekend when I ran dishpan springs, john bull and Holcomb creek
1375474735677.jpg
1375474822210.jpg
1375474844634.jpg
1375474872242.jpg
Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hpaulett

Thanks for the great photos and input guys! Can't wait till I get the kit on and can start building my rig

BBrown626

I have a tf/rk 2.5" lift. Originally started with the tf but ditched the front coils for RK ones, no sag, netted over 3" and flexes like crazy with my bilsteins for a 4" lift and 37's

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

Your spring is unseated. What good does it do to let the system flex to the point the spring is unloaded?

bob-o12jk

Banned
Your spring is unseated. What good does it do to let the system flex to the point the spring is unloaded?

Yes I kno the front springs unseat but I haven't had any problems on any trails so far with 1 spring unseated. Thats why I posted up in this thread cuz it seems to work just fine for me. If it didn't work and I had problems on any trails where I didn't get enough traction from the unseated coil, I wouldn't have posted it up in this thread. Plus im just running the recommended length shocks that are list on Rk's site.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hpaulett

Got my rk 2.5 stock mod on today, should I take it to dealership for alignment or will a local tire shop be fine

Top Bottom