Best City?

jk12blk

River cats is a good time!! I've been up for a few of those games.
LOL! I'm a warriors, sharks, giants and niners fan. It's just a bonus having the Kings locally in town. Nothing against the Kings unless they are playing the warriors. The new Kings arena downtown should be pretty cool and light rail will come in very handy - if you know what I'm talking about! :beer: I hear Rivercats stadium is cool.

07JKSahara

My LOL in the previous response was directed at this statement. I've had a few Track 7 IPAs and mis-fired on the multi-quote. :bleh:

Haha! I kinda figured. It's all good. Im actually a Tigers fan in baseball... You got us a few years ago in the WS.

Shantz

Take your thread and rules and go to a city, there might be a nice mall there for ya! Me? I want to wheel, fly fish, hunt, shoot and not see anyone I don't know unless I want too.........

PS, I don't want too.

Haha, yep yep, need the buzz of a city. LA is becoming a bit much... I have to down size to a smaller city.

I vote northern Cali. Like say Sacramento.

I love NorCal, maybe the foothills east of Sacramento.

Hot94Z28

I would say a benefit to leaving close to Kansas City is its in the middle. I can take a trip to the East coast, or West coast for wheeling trips.

TheFunSmith

I put my vote in for any city in the greater metro Phoenix area. If money is no object, I'd say Scottsdale or Paradise Valley to be specific. It is a fairly safe city, it is within a 30-35 minute drive of major league baseball, basketball, football and for now, hockey too. As for metro population, there are a few million residents in the greater Phoenix metro area, which includes Scottsdale. Many of the nicer homes in Scottsdale have very big garages, standing as a separate structure from the house, designed to fit a collection of *cough*JEEPS*cough* and have nice pools, which you can enjoy year round if it has heating capabilities.

The winter is mild, but you can be in skiing/snowboarding areas with heavy snow and very low, if not below zero temperatures, all within a 2 -3 hour drive. The positive side to no snow in the city is that your Jeep won't be subjected to killer rust and road salts. Also, Arizona is extremely relaxed on vehicle laws, in terms of fenders, auxiliary lights, third brake lights etc. Furthermore, if you are at all into firearms, we have some of the most lenient firearm laws in the nation.

My biggest reason why I feel Scottsdale fits your definition perfectly is it is surrounded by many trails in all directions from the city, and probably 20+ trails just within 45 minutes to an hour's drive from the city. If you count trails within 2 hours, there are almost too many to count; however, almost all of the trails in Sedona, Tucson, Flagstaff, Prescott, Payson and Crown the King/Bumble Bee area are within 45 minutes to 2.5 hours of driving. The trails in Arizona range from mild to Extremely wild/rock buggies only, with most being in the medium and difficult levels. Also, you would be about 7-9 hours from most of the Legendary trails in California, Colorado and Utah, so you never have to drive too far to get to the best trails in the nation. All around a winning situation. :drinks:

Rccrwlr

I put my vote in for any city in the greater metro Phoenix area. If money is no object, I'd say Scottsdale or Paradise Valley to be specific. It is a fairly safe city, it is within a 30-35 minute drive of major league baseball, basketball, football and for now, hockey too. As for metro population, there are a few million residents in the greater Phoenix metro area, which includes Scottsdale. Many of the nicer homes in Scottsdale have very big garages, standing as a separate structure from the house, designed to fit a collection of *cough*JEEPS*cough* and have nice pools, which you can enjoy year round if it has heating capabilities.

The winter is mild, but you can be in skiing/snowboarding areas with heavy snow and very low, if not below zero temperatures, all within a 2 -3 hour drive. The positive side to no snow in the city is that your Jeep won't be subjected to killer rust and road salts. Also, Arizona is extremely relaxed on vehicle laws, in terms of fenders, auxiliary lights, third brake lights etc. Furthermore, if you are at all into firearms, we have some of the most lenient firearm laws in the nation.

My biggest reason why I feel Scottsdale fits your definition perfectly is it is surrounded by many trails in all directions from the city, and probably 20+ trails just within 45 minutes to an hour's drive from the city. If you count trails within 2 hours, there are almost too many to count; however, almost all of the trails in Sedona, Tucson, Flagstaff, Prescott, Payson and Crown the King/Bumble Bee area are within 45 minutes to 2.5 hours of driving. The trails in Arizona range from mild to Extremely wild/rock buggies only, with most being in the medium and difficult levels. Also, you would be about 7-9 hours from most of the Legendary trails in California, Colorado and Utah, so you never have to drive too far to get to the best trails in the nation. All around a winning situation. :drinks:

To hot in Phoenix.

JDDK

Oxnard. Uncrowded beaches. No bugs or humidity. Dodgers close. Santa Barbara 30 minutes. Malibu 20 minutes. Trails one to 2 hours. 70s most of year. Beach, mountains and deserts, and huge LA basin all within 45 minutes of each other.

BDSJEEP

I dunno, the California Bay Area sure fits the bill for me.

An hour west and you're on the beaches of the Pacific Ocean...

A couple hours east and you're in the mountains of Sierra Nevada and, of course, Rubicon...

A few hours north and you're playing in the rain and the Redwoods...

...and finally many hours south and you're in the deserts of the Mojave.

So while we may be a bit lite on mud, we have beaches, boulders, trees and sand... we got it all... Sounds like paradise. Yes Please.

Last edited:
Top Bottom