Best coilover lift and axle choice?

jeeper52

LOSER
To be more clear you dont need a high knuckle for for the axle. Already has a high mount steering arm to account for that.

bkac

Caught the Bug
To be more clear you dont need a high knuckle for for the axle. Already has a high mount steering arm to account for that.

True but only on the passenger side, it won't be highsteer until it's up on both sides. The tierod needs to be on the top of the knuckle.

bkac

Caught the Bug
The evo lever isn't that bad, and the front the hardest part is the cutting and removal of the factory brackets. If you can handle that you can handle the high clearance long arm kit hands down. I'm getting close to doing the same exact setup and gonna do the work myself.
Can't wait to watch your build!

jeeper52

LOSER
If i can remember correctly they had plenty of room for the tie rod to mount on the top. The shop was like a candy store with all the accessories so i was being pulled a million different directions lol. Ill find out for sure but it might be monday.

bkac

Caught the Bug
If i can remember correctly they had plenty of room for the tie rod to mount on the top. The shop was like a candy store with all the accessories so i was being pulled a million different directions lol. Ill find out for sure but it might be monday.

Awesome, the EVO highsteer tierod bolts from high knuckle and high knuckle then the draglink bolts on top of that on the passenger side keeping everything high and out of the way. Can't wait to hear what you find out!

jeeper52

LOSER
Yeah man me to. The part im worried about the most are the mounts on the rear axle. The frame mounts appear to only fit in a certain spot.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Yeah man me to. The part im worried about the most are the mounts on the rear axle. The frame mounts appear to only fit in a certain spot.

It will all make sense when you hold them up there. I've looked into this a lot and seen it installed on a few jeeps by ORE.

jeeper52

LOSER
Yeah plus the support on this forum seems really good based on other threads ive read. I wont be doing the welding though. If i do it myself Im just going to tack the brackets into place and have my buddy do the finish welding.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Yeah plus the support on this forum seems really good based on other threads ive read. I wont be doing the welding though. If i do it myself Im just going to tack the brackets into place and have my buddy do the finish welding.

We're all here to help and learn from each other! Good luck. I'll be watching...
:thumbup:

jeeper52

LOSER
Should be interesting for sure. I'll see if i can get a measurement on the passenger side between the tie rod mount and high steer arm so we know for sure.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Should be interesting for sure. I'll see if i can get a measurement on the passenger side between the tie rod mount and high steer arm so we know for sure.

Sounds great, let me know what you find out! I have yet to see a true highsteer setup on that axle yet. Only a raised draglink but the normal location on the tierod. I'm hoping it's possible!

jeeper52

LOSER
Sounds great, let me know what you find out! I have yet to see a true highsteer setup on that axle yet. Only a raised draglink but the normal location on the tierod. I'm hoping it's possible!

Hey man i heard back from him today and he said it looks like there should be plenty of room to mount the tie rod on top of the knuckle without hitting the steering arm. He's gonna measure Monday to make sure but said it shouldn't be a problem. When you install your kit are you doing it on a lift or jack stands? I bought 6 12ton 30" stands but its still tight. Its doable but im not looking forward to removing those control arms under jack stands.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
On the new mopar/spicer ultimate Dana 60 front axle, the driver side knuckle is a flat top knuckle, and is virtually identical to the passenger side that cone with the high steer arm installed. The driver side is just missing the studs. I'd imagine you could have that knuckle drill & tapped for an ARP high steer stud kit, and find a high steer arm that will fit.

bkac

Caught the Bug
On the new mopar/spicer ultimate Dana 60 front axle, the driver side knuckle is a flat top knuckle, and is virtually identical to the passenger side that cone with the high steer arm installed. The driver side is just missing the studs. I'd imagine you could have that knuckle drill & tapped for an ARP high steer stud kit, and find a high steer arm that will fit.

That's what I've been looking for and want to confirm. In order to have the "true" evo highsteer you need both the draglink and the tierod to be up high. I bet you can drill and tap the driver side knuckle for another arm.

jeeper52

LOSER
That's what I've been looking for and want to confirm. In order to have the "true" evo highsteer you need both the draglink and the tierod to be up high. I bet you can drill and tap the driver side knuckle for another arm.

Yep its confirmed that's what you have to do.

Top Bottom