Best Cooler to use with the Tuffy Rear security deck

crowrb29

I'm probably going to be in the market for a new cooler this summer and was wondering what you guys were using. Right now an ARB fridge freezer is a little out of my price range but I'm willing to spend around 250 for a nice cooler. I'd like it to keep stuff cold for at least 3-4 days in SoCal summer weather.

I have a JKU with a Tuffy rear security deck and a trek top NX and was wondering if any of you had nice coolers that you could either fit underneath the security deck or on top of it sideways just behind the rear seats. Can't really put one in the rear seats because my kids come wheeling/camping with me quite often now that they are getting older....

I'm probably going to be in the market for a new cooler this summer and was wondering what you guys were using. Right now an ARB fridge freezer is a little out of my price range but I'm willing to spend around 250 for a nice cooler. I'd like it to keep stuff cold for at least 3-4 days in SoCal summer weather.

I have a JKU with a Tuffy rear security deck and a trek top NX and was wondering if any of you had nice coolers that you could either fit underneath the security deck or on top of it sideways just behind the rear seats. Can't really put one in the rear seats because my kids come wheeling/camping with me quite often now that they are getting older....

I've got an 80L Waeco fridge I can sell you, it's too big for my TJ lol

Your space might be different than mine (in the thread Chipper linked), but if you need any additional info from what I found and posted in that thread just let me know.

I doubt you will find anything to fit between the seats and the deck, I mean I sure dont have much space at all behind there other than for a small hidden sub I am running. I also have no room under my deck after I load up with a tool kit and recovery gear that I carry.

I doubt you will find anything to fit between the seats and the deck, I mean I sure dont have much space at all behind there other than for a small hidden sub I am running. I also have no room under my deck after I load up with a tool kit and recovery gear that I carry.

I think he means behind the seats, on top of the security deck, but under the angle of the trektop. not in that little gap between the back of the seats and the security deck - at least, not if you want anything more than a couple bottles of water...

I dont know how much space is above the security deck for a cooler, but there is not a ton under it. Might consider some of the soft coolers listed in that other thread, if the 30qt that I ended up with isnt going to work.

Top Bottom