Best EVO tire carrier write up

benatc1

Hooked
There are several pics in my ENVY thread. The lights are awesome and have had no issue recommending them to others. Some people don't like the all in one, but I've used them for nearly three years now and have no issues saying they are a great option.

Just make sure to get the resistors and self tap them.
I have the ORE lights coming but might consider these, what resistors did you have to get?

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
It's the maxxima resistor. You can get them on amazon as well.

Hey friend!!

Do you know the model number for the Maxxima lights? And the resistors?

I think I might just watch Ben fool around with his corner skins and then learn. Also, the wiring might get interesting. I do like the fact that the Maxxima lights are flush mounted, no need to drill a huge hole in the body.

benatc1

Hooked
Hey friend!!

Do you know the model number for the Maxxima lights? And the resistors?

I think I might just watch Ben fool around with his corner skins and then learn. Also, the wiring might get interesting. I do like the fact that the Maxxima lights are flush mounted, no need to drill a huge hole in the body.
I'll be wrestling with it tomorrow if you wanted to stop by

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

Just Empty Every Pocket

Thread update. Picked up the Evo carrier. Definitely nearly new. looks great. Maxima lights arrived. Evo corner skins have arrived. I went with the 4 door skins as I had seen a few posters with JK's running the JKU skins, and I really liked the look.

that turned out to be a smart move. talked to the wife this weekend about needing more space and we want to start doing some real camping. looks like i might be searching for the JK's replacement in JKU form. :sFun_tease:

so, tire carrier is going into storage at least until we finally decide on whether we are really getting a JKU or not. i'm just glad we had this chat before i started anymore cutting on the JK.

johansrt8

Can anyone help me with the exact size

looking to order the red pins from the tractor supply website, just wanted to find out the exact size.

thanks for the help guys!

That's a great idea for those pins since mine didn't come with lanyards. My dumbass lost one of those pins somewhere in the desert because I left it on top of the bracket.

Last edited:

austin160

IMG_2276.jpg

I’m installing these skins now. Did the front by myself, won’t do that again. Just have to get some shorter screws, the ones I got from Grainger are too long in some spots.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

For those who installed the Maxxima lights could I skip the step that requires cutting out the huge circle for the rear tail lights since they're no longer going to be recessed in?

Last edited:

Benito

Caught the Bug
For those who installed the Maxxima lights could I skip the step that requires cutting out the huge circle for the rear tail lights since they're no longer going to be recessed in?

You still have to cut it so you can access the inside for the tire carrier bracket hardware.you could possibly avoid this if you get steel skins and weld the tire carrier brackets on there. I think Bubba has done an install with the brackets welded

MericaMade

You still have to cut it so you can access the inside for the tire carrier bracket hardware.you could possibly avoid this if you get steel skins and weld the tire carrier brackets on there. I think Bubba has done an install with the brackets welded

Ok, I was hoping there might be enough room between the bottom of the jeep light cut out and the top of the skin cut out so I could skip the part altogether. So, if I understand what you are saying that hole allows you to get your hand inside the body to mount the brackets?

Benito

Caught the Bug
Ok, I was hoping there might be enough room between the bottom of the jeep light cut out and the top of the skin cut out so I could skip the part altogether. So, if I understand what you are saying that hole allows you to get your hand inside the body to mount the brackets?

Yes. If you where doing just skins you wouldn’t need to make the large hole for the Maxima lights. If you are bolting on tire carrier brackets you will have to cut the body unless you have small hands.

Last edited:
Top Bottom