Best Jeep Tires for Winter and Snow

powrsurg

There are not too many M&S rated tires. The Duratracs and the KO2's are 2 that come to mind. Ive had them both and like them equally for different reasons.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
There are not too many M&S rated tires. The Duratracs and the KO2's are 2 that come to mind. Ive had them both and like them equally for different reasons.

Almost impossible to find a passenger tire that is not M&S rated. The Duratracs and KO2s are winter rated. That is the mountain snowflake symbol designation.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Uncle_erniee

Winter tire question

Here in South Carolina we don’t get much of a winter but we do get ice. What tire should i use for my “winter” driving. I have a full set of BFG KM2 35/12.5 and also a full set of BFG Rugged Terrain 32/12.5. Which set should i run

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Since they are both the same width - footprint (lbs/square inch) use the tire with the most siping on the tread lugs for improved traction on ice and snow

BobNH

I ran km2's in the winter here in NH and they were actually very good. Mine were only 10.5 wide rhough, but they were 10x the tire my mt/r's were.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

WJCO

Meme King
Here in South Carolina we don’t get much of a winter but we do get ice. What tire should i use for my “winter” driving. I have a full set of BFG KM2 35/12.5 and also a full set of BFG Rugged Terrain 32/12.5. Which set should i run

Merged your thread here.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
KM2s do pretty well in snow, I am like a little kid when it snows, especially when we get over a foot or so, I drive around like a maniac for hours lol. Can’t speak for icy rods, My guess is that most tires suck on ice.
KM2s do suck when its wet/slushy snow, I must actually say they do horrible in those conditions.
I have no experience with rugged terrains.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I ran Nitto Ridge Grapplers last winter on my last jeep. We didn't get a ton of snow but they did really well on the ice and slush. They did well on the limited amount of snow we got but we didn't have any decent storms to really test them.

Bruduc

I have blizzak under mine, there really good as mentioned but.. with 3 in lift and cut Fenders they kill the look a lot, Wich they made bigger sizes. What about nitto exo ???

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
BF Goodrich All Terrain KO2

Concur. KO2 is simply superb. I’ve almost 5K miles on mine now. I’ve wheeled them on sand, dirt, frozen ground, pavement that been wet, as well as a couple snow storms now. Busy two months. Michigan gets it all. I don’t think I’ll buy another tire at this point.

Brennan16

Concur. KO2 is simply superb. I’ve almost 5K miles on mine now. I’ve wheeled them on sand, dirt, frozen ground, pavement that been wet, as well as a couple snow storms now. Busy two months. Michigan gets it all. I don’t think I’ll buy another tire at this point.

I’m in the tire field and they are certainly the best for what we Jeep owners would want. Although they haven’t a mileage warranty, I have seen people get between 88k and 118k out of them with regular rotations.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Thread revival!

I’ve been driving the lumber yard’s truck to jobs lately and last week we got a ton of snow. So I was curious to what tires were on the truck since they have been feeling great while driving, awesome snow traction with barely any sliding!

Image1551902849.289054.jpg

Unfortunately they don’t come in a 35... but they are great for snow!

M0J0

I saw a flipped wrangler two days ago on my way home. For some reason people think just because they have four wheel drive that non snow tires will cut it. I see jeeps all the time off the road here. A read wheel drive sports car with snow tires will handle better than a jeep with non snow tires.

Top Bottom