Best nutsert tool?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Lol, so out of the 17 responses on this thread, 3 actually provided some useful info. The others, especially "how to Google" was funny.

OverlandERjk, you are the one in the crowd buddy. You must be the one that knows all and never asked a question. Congrats on your achievement!

I can search all day long for a tool, what I really wanted is feedback from people who actually used them on their rig, hence the "Looking for some feedback on the best tool to do the job" line in my original post.

Maybe you should actually read the links the come up on the links that show you how to search? Perhaps at least one of the posts in those links would answer your specific question? :idontknow: But if you just want to be spoon-fed with the least amount of effort on your part, go to the link Sharkey posted and buy that tool. Oh and before you get all butt-hurt that none of the other 17 responses didn't answer your specific "I'm a special snowflake" question: I've used that specific tool and it works great! Is it the "best" tool to do the job? Probably not, but I'm guessing it won't get used enough to justify anything else. :thumb:

Finn Sizzle

Maybe you should actually read the links the come up on the links that show you how to search? Perhaps at least one of the posts in those links would answer your specific question? :idontknow: But if you just want to be spoon-fed with the least amount of effort on your part, go to the link Sharkey posted and buy that tool. Oh and before you get all butt-hurt that none of the other 17 responses didn't answer your specific "I'm a special snowflake" question: I've used that specific tool and it works great! Is it the "best" tool to do the job? Probably not, but I'm guessing it won't get used enough to justify anything else. :thumb:

SMH

Here I had always thought one of the purposes of a forum is to ask/answer questions. I really just wanted feedback from actual users on what tool worked for them, would/would not recommend. Simple, easy....apparently not.

If you read one of my first responses, you'll see that I had that same tool on top of my list and then followed up asking about any challenges with the tool. Hence, the "feedback". I was not looking to be spoon fed, looking for options/experiences.

As for your butt hurt statement, not all of us err on the side of anger as my response was actually that the responses were quite amusing, prefaced with the "LOL" and amazed how the simple question had run off the tracks.

Not all of us are quick to respond negatively "did you search", "stupid question", "butt hurt", "special snowflake". Some of us actually enjoy helping others navigate around their rig. I'll continue to help others who ask and I'll continue to ask for help when needed. Thanks to those who had provided their feedback on what tools they would recommend.

Exodus 4x4

SMH

Here I had always thought one of the purposes of a forum is to ask/answer questions. I really just wanted feedback from actual users on what tool worked for them, would/would not recommend. Simple, easy....apparently not.

If you read one of my first responses, you'll see that I had that same tool on top of my list and then followed up asking about any challenges with the tool. Hence, the "feedback". I was not looking to be spoon fed, looking for options/experiences.

As for your butt hurt statement, not all of us err on the side of anger as my response was actually that the responses were quite amusing, prefaced with the "LOL" and amazed how the simple question had run off the tracks.

Not all of us are quick to respond negatively "did you search", "stupid question", "butt hurt", "special snowflake". Some of us actually enjoy helping others navigate around their rig. I'll continue to help others who ask and I'll continue to ask for help when needed. Thanks to those who had provided their feedback on what tools they would recommend.

But if you had simply searched the topic rather than start another thread you would have had plenty of feedback to read from because people like you keep starting threads asking the same question over and over again because they're too fucking lazy to research the shit themselves and want spoon fed answers.

GraniteCrystal

Not sure. Clearly you don't understand it before you keep quoting me and clearly you don't like it. :idontknow:

Ha, ok, fair point. :clap2:

I'll leave it at this. I agree with you that before posting, due diligence should be spent researching the topic to form an intelligent, informed question that adds to the knowledge base of the community. However, I don't think making the OP feel stupid when he failed to do said research will make him more likely to do so next time. Rather, I think it alienates him and makes him less likely to come back and participate in the way we want him to. Not everyone does it perfect off the bat and not all people that screw up at first don't belong here.

We've officially digressed. Happy to move on to next topic.

SJ21XDC

Yup, I got some nutsertin' to do on the Jeep. Looking for some feedback on the best tool to do the job. I know it's a pain in the ass to do and don't mind spending some good $ on it, since having the right tools for the job makes it easier.

Please paste in links or part/model #s please.

Thanks!

Marson 325-RN works for me.

Finn Sizzle

Marson 325-RN works for me.

Thanks SJ. A few people also recommended that to me as well. It appears to have longer arms for more leverage than the Astro 1442 model. This might work out easier, just concerned about overdoing the nut with the extra leverage. It will all come down to some practice I guess.

I'll be using it on my rig and most likely a few more when we do their fenders and rock rails.

Thanks again!

MTG

Caught the Bug
SMH

Here I had always thought one of the purposes of a forum is to ask/answer questions. I really just wanted feedback from actual users ...

tl;dr

But I'm pretty sure it goes something like blah, blah, blah...I have sand in my vagina.

Now you know how to search, you're welcome.

Pyro1415

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459325673.694193.jpg
This is what I used to use at work. You can probably find it cheaper. We paid more through Grainger though lol.

Finn Sizzle

View attachment 195243
This is what I used to use at work. You can probably find it cheaper. We paid more through Grainger though lol.

Thanks Pyro. Did you find using this setup was easy to get into tight spaces? Between the scissor action style and this style, it would seem that the scissor style might be easier to maneuver around and use. First time doing this, so not familiar with either just yet.

Thanks again.

SJ21XDC

Thanks SJ. A few people also recommended that to me as well. It appears to have longer arms for more leverage than the Astro 1442 model. This might work out easier, just concerned about overdoing the nut with the extra leverage. It will all come down to some practice I guess.

I'll be using it on my rig and most likely a few more when we do their fenders and rock rails.

Thanks again!

You're welcome. We used these @ work before going with air powered models. I bought mine before turning my Jeep into Swiss cheese. :D You can set the depth, but I practiced on some scrap before using it on the Jeep.
Good Luck!
Steve

(5-21-15) 4.jpg (5-21-15) 6.jpg (5-22-15) 3.jpg (5-23-15) 2.jpg (5-25-15) 4.jpg (5-21-15) 5.jpg (5-29-15) 1.jpg

IMHO, this style is much more difficult to use than the bolt cutter style throw on the Astro. (And yes, I have personally used both styles but I have not used the specific brand in the above photo)

I agree. If you have the space. The other type is much easier to keep the nutsert straight and get good leverage.

Finn Sizzle

Awesome information, exactly the details I was looking for, thanks guys!

Steve, I'm about to do the same thing you did to your rig, then most likely going to do a few more. The bolt cutter style does appear to be the better choice and will most likely be tool I go with.

Thanks again everyone, appreciate the feedback!

SJ21XDC

Awesome information, exactly the details I was looking for, thanks guys!

Steve, I'm about to do the same thing you did to your rig, then most likely going to do a few more. The bolt cutter style does appear to be the better choice and will most likely be tool I go with.

Thanks again everyone, appreciate the feedback!

Good luck and have fun :)

Top Bottom