Best on board air compressor for 40's

jeeper52

LOSER
I understand wanting a compressor and a good one at that. What I'm sort of confused by is why everyone is always so concerned with "how long" it takes. If it's 2min a tire or 2.5min a tire does that really matter?

What are some reasons that we all would need to have the "quickest air" in the west lol.

I run a power plant and it takes me about 2.5 min or more (estimate based on low pressure to high pressure).

When i mentioned time i wasn't talking about 2 -2.5 minutes. I was more talking about a compressor differences of like 5 to 10 minutes. Ive never had one before so thats why i wanted to know. Im perfectly happy with a compressor that will do the job in 2-4 minutes per tire. Not 10 min lol

When i mentioned time i wasn't talking about 2 -2.5 minutes. I was more talking about a compressor differences of like 5 to 10 minutes. Ive never had one before so thats why i wanted to know. Im perfectly happy with a compressor that will do the job in 2-4 minutes per tire. Not 10 min lol

I wasn't necessarily focusing on your post it is just something I've seen and heard a lot. Was just trying to figure out why everyone is so concerned with air up time. I get 5min vs 30min lol. There are just so many factors to it that it's a subjective thing. I'm just happy I can air up after the trail :D sorry if it came across towards you.

koasta11

Hey guys I am having a problem with a decision I am building my jeep 2015 jku rubicon should I go with 40s or 37s I am putting ultimate dana 60 axels. I have not seen a jeep with 40s I seen one with 38s and they didn't seem to big at all. I would love to see someone's jeep with 40s on it I am purchasing race line Beadlocks and toyo tires this week. I live in Oakland if anyone is around thanks.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I understand wanting a compressor and a good one at that. What I'm sort of confused by is why everyone is always so concerned with "how long" it takes. If it's 2min a tire or 2.5min a tire does that really matter?

What are some reasons that we all would need to have the "quickest air" in the west lol.

I run a power plant and it takes me about 2.5 min or more (estimate based on low pressure to high pressure).

Lol true that! If it costs more it has to be better!

Kpalas

Hey guys I am having a problem with a decision I am building my jeep 2015 jku rubicon should I go with 40s or 37s I am putting ultimate dana 60 axels. I have not seen a jeep with 40s I seen one with 38s and they didn't seem to big at all. I would love to see someone's jeep with 40s on it I am purchasing race line Beadlocks and toyo tires this week. I live in Oakland if anyone is around thanks.

I'm on 40" and Racelines.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433348031.591495.jpg

jeeper52

LOSER
I wasn't necessarily focusing on your post it is just something I've seen and heard a lot. Was just trying to figure out why everyone is so concerned with air up time. I get 5min vs 30min lol. There are just so many factors to it that it's a subjective thing. I'm just happy I can air up after the trail :D sorry if it came across towards you.

Its all good man, i didn't take it that way.

Nice! I will be doing the same, I personally think the engine compartment is too hot, especially in TX.

I run mine under the hood for my lockers not airing up and have never had any issues. We get 105+ days here too. But it's a great place to mount it :yup:

Top Bottom