Best Spare Tire Carrier..... Go

Albo

If you don't believe cozdude and overlander, there is a thread on here with pictures of said broken teraflex carriers.

On a side note, of all the names I've heard people call teraflex (terrorflex, terafuck, etc.) my phone autocorrected to teraflop, which I've never heard before. I guess even Siri gets it [emoji23]

I believe them. But I don't think I'm running the part that is failing. I am running the stock carrier that they say is so good. I am also running an upgraded hinge that takes the weight off the door and puts it on the hinge. If the failure is in the hinge itself I stand corrected. I'm not to proud to admit if I'm wrong.
I did not intend to derail this thread. What I have works for me so I offered my suggestion to the OP.

jeeeep

Hooked
What is the best after market tore carrier to buy for JK. Planning to run 17x9 35s BFG KO2....

the stock carrier should work just fine as long as you have enough backspace on the wheel so the hub is flush with the carrier and the rubber bump stops are snug against the tire (you may have to extend the bump stops).

I ran mine like this for 5 years/ 100,000+ miles before upgrading to the AEV carrier w/stock bumper when I went to 37's. If the tire sits on the bumper, all the better.

save your money for other upgrades :thumb:

jeeper52

LOSER
I recommend the psc rock brawler ll i believe its called. It opens with the gate and seems to be built very well. I believe its rated for up to a 38" tire to.

coop9779

Just installed the rugged ridge Spartacus tire carrier this weekend. It looks like the Teraflex but the tire mount portion seems to be a lot better. I'm swapping to 37s in a couple of weeks and I'll take some pics of it with the tire off.

Steve's Rubi

Yes 35 is as big as I will go.

So he says now! 35's today 40's tomorrow.
All joking aside I also don't know about the best but I love my Rock Hard rear bumper and tire carrier. It works well with my 37's. Plus you can add lots of extras like a cargo rack, jerry cans CO2 tanks, etc. holders. :rock:

Top Bottom