Best way to clean this?

jesse3638

Hooked
If lighter fluid doesn't work ,color sand, buff and polish should work. Just be careful with the sand paper, side to side up and down, alternating with the varying grits. Circles will make swirls.

DogHouse

Meguiar’s makes some stuff called fine-cut cleaner. Just put it on a rag and use light pressure. I have yet to find anything it won’t remove. But I can’t stress the light pressure enough, too much pressure and you will cut through the clear-coat and into the paint.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
So the lighter fluid did not work. I think whatever is on there is part of the paint at this point :/

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yup, then it's not ON the paint. Its IN the paint.
Have you tried any of the polishes or scratch remover? Like I mentioned a color sand buff will almost surly take care of it.
This would be my next step, a polish or light cutting compound and an high speed orbital. If that doesn't work, try a more aggressive compound, or step up to a rotary. Only after this would I consider sanding... but if I couldn't get it out, and it bothered me enough, I would take it to a professional before I sanded MY jeep. $0.02. Maybe I'm a pussy. Ha

sent from SPACE!
DZZ Build thread

Top Bottom