Bestop Soft doors

moparnation

Mine fit fine. They are the exact same uppers for the hard half doors. These things have to be "tweaked" though to get them just right and they will probably never seal completely. That's part of the reason i couldn't justify paying the asking price for brand new ones

sent from my talkitty box

saFFFari

Just joined the softdoor club yesterday. Like everyone says.. Fit is horrible. My son loves them though- better visibility. As for my opinion about visibility , I love doorless so I wasn't sure how I would like these.. But after rocking them a full day... I effin love them. Haven't had a chance to tweak the uppers yet.

Attachments

• image-641523587.jpg
    image-641523587.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 73

serielle

I have these as well for my JKU. I got them because I cannot easily put the front doors back on by myself and I don't always have one of my kids around when I need to put the door on in a hurry. They are great for this. They also give me the ability to take the doors off and throw them in the back for the drive home if the weather has cleared up while at work (or throw them back on if it ends up raining later in the day).

The back uppers fit fine, the front uppers don't do as well. The front corner of the uppers catches the wind if the windows are up and pulls the upper out from the door when doing anything over 50km/hr (30 mi/hr).

I'm still working on the best way to keep the front uppers from pulling away. I've adjusted tight and loose fits and neither works well. If I open the window part way, it's fine. Which is okay, but the only time I want to run the uppers is when it's raining. If it's not raining, they are off. TJ owners I know have done a number of things from running bungee cords, magnets (not enough metal that a magnet will work with in the right areas on the JK and JK version of the doors), to bending the uppers in. I may resort to bending the uppers if I can figure out how to do it with the tools I have). It could be an expensive experiment though....

Has anyone found a solution for the JK version of the doors?

And the lowers are good for rain, but not good enough of a fit to keep out water on the trail as I discovered this past weekend. They do manage to give you a couple of extra seconds to find that spot in the wake where the water is lower though. :thumb:

Last edited:

moparnation

Same reason I got mine man. Mine uppers blow in the wind too and I have tried bending them in ad adjusting up and down with no luck. I found if you put the window zippers in the top front corners and run a small bungee cord through them then you can attach to the vanity mirror bracket but I don't know how sturdy the mirrors are. It's almost like there is too much weather seal on the uppers but I don't want to cut it because its sewn on.

Top Bottom