bestop trektop nx

Napalm

I hate researching a product sometimes. It seems for every one that likes something someone else hates it. On the newb run Moby had a Trektop as did others. I am leaning towards this deal for summer and because the wife likes the look. what say you all, fair quality price @ $730 online?

730 is a fair online price for a new, TrekTop NX for an unlimited. But, I believe Bestop has a 50 dollar trek top rebate running now through July.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I went with the twill trektop and love it so far. Very quiet. I had one leak issue but after flipping the top back and then re-latching it no more issues. This was also the first time it was opened after being installed on a cold day. I do have one issue that the top is very hard to latch on the passenger side but I have yet to mess with it or call bestop.

I also like how the twill version is a much darker black

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457533435.074947.jpg

Last edited:

ScoobyCarolanNC

No issues here. I'm guessing what Eddie said about the cage could be part of it and it sounds like you've discovered that the crossbars are also not installed right. There's a "pole" that goes across where it folds open. Is that seated properly in the grooves & you have the 2 straps clipped to the sound bar crossmember? This was the only part of my install that was difficult. Also, if it's a bit loose you can adjust the wire tension that runs from the header to the rear door surround to make it tighter.

martinzusmc

I have the Twill treetop and had a little leaking and terrible wind noise. I took the header off and didn't notice anything wrong. I went ahead and replaced the header $80.00 and it fixed both problems.

Vincey2kr1

Just installed my nx trektop and the wind noise is unbearable from the header bar.. Love the fastback look but starting to regret it. I refused to take my 2 and 5 year old on hour trip because it's simply to loud . Looking up solutions on how to fix it now :grayno:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Just installed my nx trektop and the wind noise is unbearable from the header bar.. Love the fastback look but starting to regret it. I refused to take my 2 and 5 year old on hour trip because it's simply to loud . Looking up solutions on how to fix it now :grayno:

LOL! :cheesy:

Welcome to Wayalife.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Well, there's plenty of info around here somewhere. If only there was a way to search it'd be so much easier.... ;-)

LasVegasJK

I would suggest removing it and reinstalling the top. Make sure everything is seated properly(header bar).
I can't imagine how it could be so loud that you won't put your kids in the Jeep. Soft top and half doors(no uppers) is like a sedative to my 2 and 5yr old.
Welcome to Wayalife. Please give us a wave and introduce yourself.

Last edited:

Napalm

Do what LasVegasJK said. I had this same problem and found that my header bar was bent and needed to be replaced. You have a warranty on your TrekTop through Bestop.

You're TrekTop NX shouldn't be this loud, I found that my TrekTop wasn't that much louder than my hard top.

Vincey2kr1

You guys see anything wrong, don't mind the dirt just got back from Disney Oklahoma big meat run :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 152

Vincey2kr1

Loosened up the turn knobs on each side tried to mover everything towards the windshield while I tightened her down. Not sure if it moved much.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 182

martinzusmc

I had a similar problem with mine.. I uninstalled and reinstalled the header bar and it was the same. I eventually bought one online for $80. It was a night and day difference. I guess it was bent just enough to let some wind in and be annoying as hell..

Vincey2kr1

Tried the weather strip , now it's making a whistling sound lol.. Argh going through the return/ exchange process with northridge 4x4 hope this isn't a pain..:naw:

colo dean

We just put this top on the wife's JKU. Horrible wind noise that seems to be coming from the center of the top around the footman loop. Can't feel anything but sounds like your in a wind tunnel. Called Bestop and they had me send them some pictures. One thing I noticed is while latching the header bar, it seems to rotate downward allowing the front to pivot up. I think this may be where it is coming from. I originally thought it was the windshield molding as the hard top left a flat spot in the rubber. Dealer warrantied the molding but problem is still there. Bestop is only an hour away from me so may just have to drive up and let them look at it. Noise starts about 20 mph and gets worse with speed. Haven't had any water leaking from the snow or rain, just wind noise. Top has been on for 2 weeks now. Hoping they get back to me with some kind of answer in the next day or so because it is driving the wife nuts.

Vincey2kr1

Mine does the same , pivots downward and the cloth elevates about 3 to 4 inches above the first cross member while driving. Meagan at northridge and Mark at bestop believe it shouldn't be that much louder then a hardtop so I think they're sending me another header bar. Hoping this fixes it. Who did you buy your top from? I haven't even tried to see if leaks with water because bestop said it isn't rainproof just water resistant .. image.jpeg . Do you have these gaps on the upper ends of your tailgate?

Last edited:

colo dean

I got mine through Bullhide 4x4. Can't remember who I spoke to at Bestop. Will be sure to reply back here once I get something back from Bestop.

Vincey2kr1

Was told today 15% restocking fee and I pay for shipping both ways to return a defective trektop to Northridge 4x4 for store credit only, not too happy atm. Might as try have BEstop send me another header bar to see if it fixes the problem:grayno:

ScoobyCarolanNC

Mine does the same , pivots downward and the cloth elevates about 3 to 4 inches above the first cross member while driving. Meagan at northridge and Mark at bestop believe it shouldn't be that much louder then a hardtop so I think they're sending me another header bar. Hoping this fixes it. Who did you buy your top from? I haven't even tried to see if leaks with water because bestop said it isn't rainproof just water resistant .. View attachment 194057 . Do you have these gaps on the upper ends of your tailgate?

Um, not even kind of. The bottom flap should extend over the tailgate, then you pull the corners over it. Water resistant & not rainproof? It wouldn't be much of a top if it was only water resistant. I have zero point zero leaks.

Top Bottom