Beware of Self-Car Wash

Conman

Wow Don!

Reminds me of the time when I was a kid and I took sand paper to the old mans GTO! Just keep the jeep dirty and it will be all good.

Platty

To get that back to normal will need a machine polisher and plenty of time.
Might be a good idea to search out someone who does detailing, it will be worth the cost.

Good luck in getting it sorted, make sure you post some piccy's of it when it is been done.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Try a fine compound with a waffle foam pad. Do not use a heavy duty compound. You can follow up with a dark colored glaze, then a wax. You can pu an inexpensive buffer at Harbor Freight. Go to a Automotive Paint Supply House for the buff pads. Just make sure the buffer has a 5/8" arbor or you might have to get an adapter to fit pads onto it.

Last edited:

Robin.CT

Ouch... Hope he ran for the hills...
I South Africa we have a product called Braso that's a light rubbing compound that would work wonders, but loads of elbow grease... Not sure if you get that State side....
Best of luck... Upload pics of the result once you have tried sorting it out...

My son borrowed my Jeep to go to the snow. Like a good son, he stopped and washed it on the way home. The next day I am in the garage and WTF?!?!? The Jeep is covered in scratches. Son told me he used the brush at the car wash. It looks like the brush was covered in sand and rubbed all over my Jeep. Needless to say son is at his girlfriends while I try to rub out the damage.
FML!

View attachment 10607

View attachment 10608

View attachment 10609

Just found this thread. McPuck how did the paint turn out?

R/
Will

Hightower

My son borrowed my Jeep to go to the snow. Like a good son, he stopped and washed it on the way home. The next day I am in the garage and WTF?!?!? The Jeep is covered in scratches. Son told me he used the brush at the car wash. It looks like the brush was covered in sand and rubbed all over my Jeep. Needless to say son is at his girlfriends while I try to rub out the damage.
FML!

View attachment 10607

View attachment 10608

View attachment 10609

Wow! Don I never use the brush but that's nuts. ;-(

Driver driver GAS!
WAYALIFE mobile app

Thefuzz

And I thought it was the trees on the trails doing it all this time!!! Maybe I'll check the brushes next time!!! Lol. 👍

miguel250r

I'm going to start checking the brushes from now on havnt had that happened to me yet which is a good thing

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
I did get a lot of the scratches out, but it will never be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom