Birth of Phoenix

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Decided to upgrade my rock lights. Years ago I bought Lux lights. Back then I bought the smaller size rather than the large ones. This Christmas, Lux was having a pretty good sale so I upgraded to the larger size. They only have one size now. With a brand new set of 8 plus my old ones, I decided to put them everywhere. Even under the hood.
IMG_1006.jpg
IMG_1045.jpg
IMG_1046.jpg
Exhaust got to that one.
IMG_1047.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Got called out on a rescue the other night up in the Olympic Peninsula. Pretty easy, guy got stuck in the ditch trying to turn around. He’s a photographer and snapped a few photos which was cool.
IMG_1066.jpg
IMG_1067.jpg
8CAA3C44-577F-4463-BFF5-C8018F0A2A89.jpg
332F8F69-B090-4B1A-B2B9-6430E17B5F40.jpg
1809BBCC-7AFD-4539-AAB0-77E1130D48F9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

DP1120

Just read through your build. Glad i found it as i had planned a very similar set up using the evo long arms and a sd 60 front. Do you think it would have worked just moving the axle side brackets if you had done it when you did the axle swap?

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Just read through your build. Glad i found it as i had planned a very similar set up using the evo long arms and a sd 60 front. Do you think it would have worked just moving the axle side brackets if you had done it when you did the axle swap?

Thanks! Sadly you are unable to move the axle side brackets on the SD D60. The diff only allows for a 3” section of tube between the diff and C. If you look at an aftermarket axle the diff is more centered allowing the axle brackets to be more of a JK width.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Here’s an update, it’s been awhile and Moab is quickly approaching.

Did an oil change, rear diff fluid change out and new transmission filter.
IMG_1198.jpg
IMG_1204.jpg

Had another big snow storm. Snow melted away in 4 days.
IMG_1228.jpg

Met up with a friend home on leave. Went out to Tahuya to stretch our legs.
IMG_1442.jpg
IMG_1399.jpg
CF229B8D-9BE6-4A57-86CB-0A1FC0D21D7E.jpg

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Added a new double shear tie rod clamp. Super beefy. The 1.5” offset allowed me to run it without interference with the diff cover. Also repainted the axles and frame. IMG_1059.jpg
IMG_1060.jpg
IMG_1590.jpg

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Headed out to Eastern Washington for a snow run. It was fun plowing through open fields of snow. Tons of mud as well. Some people didn’t have any washer fluid which was a huge mistake. IMG_1620.jpg
IMG_1629.jpg
IMG_1640.jpg
IMG_1647.jpg
IMG_1666.jpg
IMG_1683.jpg
IMG_1704.jpg
IMG_1713.jpg
IMG_1716.jpg
IMG_1729.jpg

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
At this point the snow run was my last run until Moab but my buddy Mitch, was recently back from his 341 day deployment on the Nimitz and he wanted to go wheeling. I couldn’t say no.
IMG_1763.jpg
IMG_1765.jpg
IMG_1775.jpg
IMG_1781.jpg
IMG_1801.jpg
IMG_1791.jpg
IMG_1802.jpg
IMG_1811.jpg
IMG_1818.jpg

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Last major upgrade before the trip was to dress up the rock rash on the bead lock rings and paint black. Tons of work to break them all down but they turned out pretty nice.
IMG_1906.jpg
IMG_1905.jpg
Now I’m down to the last week before we leave. Just need to double check everything. Big plans after Moab!

fiend

Caught the Bug
Rig is looking great! Have fun in Moab! Wish I could join [emoji17]

wjtstudios

Hooked
Jeep looks great! He definitely deserved a run after a 341 day deployment!

Have a blast in Moab!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Rig is looking great! Have fun in Moab! Wish I could join [emoji17]

That would’ve been awesome for sure. Maybe I can hit some trails with you this year.

Jeep looks great! He definitely deserved a run after a 341 day deployment!

Have a blast in Moab!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thanks!

Some great pics! Jeep looks killer! Hope you have a great time in Moab.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Appreciate it!

jdofmemi

Rig is looking good.

Have a great trip to Moab. I will be there in about a month. I may or may not have the front long arms in by then. The engine swap really took up all of my free time.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Rig is looking good.

Have a great trip to Moab. I will be there in about a month. I may or may not have the front long arms in by then. The engine swap really took up all of my free time.

Thanks! I will be starting my engine swap here soon as well.

Top Bottom