BJ (Ball Joint) advice

Chad

OP, how long did you have the Synergy ball joints in before they died on you? I read before that they were being raved about and I have a set on my workbench that I plan to install this weekend.

deezus

OP, how long did you have the Synergy ball joints in before they died on you? I read before that they were being raved about and I have a set on my workbench that I plan to install this weekend.
8 months. Rubicon 7 times, Hellhole 3 times and some aggressive snow wheeling. Running 37" Nitto trail grapplers and 3.5" RK X factor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

pbeabout

I made an angled adapter from the straight one that is in the Harbor Freight Master Adapter kit. Took a few minutes on my belt/disc sander, no big deal. I even managed to use the Harbor Freight press with it successfully to change the ball joints. BTW, I cheeped out and went with the TeraFlex.

Last edited:

Tumbleweed

Rare Parts has a set of ball joints that split the load. So the upper BJ carries about 20%, it is adjustable. With the upper carrying part of the load, the lower should last longer. They are pricey, in the neighborhood of the Pro Steer ones.
http://rareparts.com/4x4/jeep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhH0QY9_1F8

I have a set of Pro Steer BJs on my 2 door JK. I have had to rebuild them once. Parts were backordered so it took a while. I ordered a 2nd rebuild kit so I would have the parts on hand.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I just ordered my ProSteers today.

My factory lasted almost 50k miles which 20k of that was with 37's.
I only have a little play in them and I am starting to get a little shimmy that I know is coming from the ball joints.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

onbelay

Well, ball joints are gone again. These are Synergy. Need some advice on which ones to get, my buddy Has Prosteer and swears by them. What say you? My goal is not a lifetime set as from what I've read and prove I've talked to that might be a pipe dream. Prosteer can be rebuilt on the vehicle. Thanks.

Went through three sets of OEM in 60K miles (including the set that was there from the factory). I think my Jeep was one of the first non-test JK to install the Synergy balljoints; literally installed them the day they hit the market. They lasted 40K miles. Got sick of replacing balljoints, so Installed ProSteers.

Wish I had just done the ProSteers from the beginning.

deezus

Went through three sets of OEM in 60K miles (including the set that was there from the factory). I think my Jeep was one of the first non-test JK to install the Synergy balljoints; literally installed them the day they hit the market. They lasted 40K miles. Got sick of replacing balljoints, so Installed ProSteers.

Wish I had just done the ProSteers from the beginning.
You and me both.

Top Bottom