Bonedoc's Sting gray JTR build.

bonedoc

Looks perfect on 37s. I still love that color!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Awesome!!! Looks fantastic and glad that I could be of help to you [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Rig is looking amazing! Great job!

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wow that looks fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice, also my favorite color!:thumb:

Thank you everyone. Loving the truck. Next item I'm waiting for is Mopar to release the integrated trailer brake control. Supposed to be released next month. Installs in the center dash where the power port is.

ONDROX

Looks really good, love the color scheme and especially those wheels! Do the trim rings come off so that they can be painted later after they get scratched up on the trail? Congrats on a beautiful JT!

bonedoc

Been a while since I posted much. Recently got my JTR back from having 5.13s installed in the axles. While I was at it I installed one piece RCVs axle shafts and deleted the FAD. First off I will say the JTR runs really well with the 5.13s and 37s. Not a huge seat of the pants difference but the engine definitely has alot less stress. The trans upshifts very quickly. Doesn't need to hold each gear as long. I find myself on backroads cruising comfortably around 50mph and the trans will be in 8th gear. It is smother and downshifts are more controlled with less engine reving unless burying the pedal. On highway it no longer hunts between 6, 7, and 8 gear. It will upshift to 8th and hold the gear, even pull in 8th until demand requires a downshift.
Having the one piece axle shafts and FAD deleted has shown no major issues. The jeep has a little heavier feel to it and in the steering but nothing unacceptable. Basically just like the JKs felt. No vibrations noted from driveshaft . I will say that shifting into 4WD is MUCH easier. I assume since there is no longer any delay or resistance as FAD engages that it makes it easier. Very smooth. Let off gas pull lever and back on it. Just like in JKs. Overall very happy with it.
Now to the next mod....LOL. Either sit back and wait and see if the 392 is offered in the Gladiator and start over or this spring I'll move forward with a Magnuson Supercharger. I know not everyone's cup of tea but I like the idea of additional power. While hands down not equal to a V-8, the 440+ crank HP for approx 6500.00 is a nice boost without boning up 20+K for a V-8 swap. The reviews are positive so far. And the money saved will eventually go to putting 60s under the JTR and upgrading to 40" tires.

Got my truck alignment checked the other day and finally got my 37s on. Alignment went great. Caster angle, rear driveshaft and axle centers were dead on using the measurements RockKrawler gives you in their instructions. Toe was perfect. Thank you to Eddie, I watched your video on the Synergy Steering products and did my measurements the same way. When I installed mine I gave it a 1/16" toe in and it ended up being perfect. My alignment shop only had to adjust my steering wheel slightly. Tires are 37" Nittos on KMC KM544 wheels. Wheels are gray with black trim rings. Fits really nice, 4.5" backspacing on wheels. It has a wider stance than my JKU on 37s. I'll have to get a pic of them side by side.

Damn this truck rules.

bonedoc

Looks really good, love the color scheme and especially those wheels! Do the trim rings come off so that they can be painted later after they get scratched up on the trail? Congrats on a beautiful JT!

Thanks. No the trim rings do not come off. The are a simulated beadlock.

Top Bottom