Bought a 2018 JKU w/half doors

JamesWyatt

That's a really nice looking Jeep. I'm in Albuquerque. I've made many trips to Santa Fe with the 3.8 engine. Man, I'd love to have more power at the altitudes we deal with.

The 3.6 is night and day better for sure. I had two different 3.8 JKUs – one with auto and one with manual. Manual wasn't bad, just slow, but the auto was tough to manage :icon_crazy: I once did a 575 mile trip in a 3.8 auto against the wind and got 11 MPG on a stock setup!

Nice find. So what mods do you have planned for it first.

:thumb: So far all I have are two minor things: McGuard door hinge locks and the Tuffy Conceal Carry under-seat security drawer.

Next up will be 285/70/17 KO2s on the stock wheels. I'm trying to wait until the C load range version from the JL Rubicon becomes available (the E-range bastards are stiff). If I get tired of waiting, I may go with Ridge Grapplers, which are already available in C load range.

Looks great! I like how the manual transmission performs at elevation as well!

Thanks! Yeah, I was really surprised the difference was so big between the auto and manual with the 3.6. The autos I've had (all 4:10s) would ping without premium gas, and they often felt like the engine was lugging in too high a gear or screaming in too low a gear.

JamesWyatt

285/70/17 KO2s put on. Went ahead and got the load range E instead of waiting for the C from the JL to become available. I hate the C-load “squat” anyway. My last JKU had the 34 10.5 KO2s (D-range), but this time I wanted the look of the slightly wider 285. They’re only 1/4” shorter than the 34s, and way less expensive: about $245/tire versus $328. Such a better ride with the KO2, and washboard roads aren’t knocking my teeth out quite so much.

McGuard door locks, Jeep plastic door sill protectors, and Tuffy Conceal Carry under-seat security box installed.

Next up might be a set of black AEV Salta wheels. The 285s rub only at full lock on right turns, but it’d still be nice not to have that going on.

IMG_0814.JPG IMG_0815.JPG IMG_0816.JPG IMG_0818.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom