Brake bleed in specific order?

Finn Sizzle

I'll be change out my calipers on my JK and I know there are some vehicles that need to be bled out in a certain order. Does anyone know if there is a specific order for the JK as well? The manual does not say and can't find anything on the Interwebs.

Thanks in advance!

rogerk93

You normally should bleed your brakes starting with the farthest. So passenger rear than driver rear then passenger front then driver front. This ensures you get all the air out from the brake system.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You normally should bleed your brakes starting with the farthest. So passenger rear than driver rear then passenger front then driver front. This ensures you get all the air out from the brake system.

This^^^^^^

Finn Sizzle

Yep, that was the plan, just not sure if there was a hard order requirement. Thanks for the response!

Muleskinner

are you able to bleed jk brakes at home? for some reason i thought it had to be done in conjunction with some computer thing? just curious.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
are you able to bleed jk brakes at home? for some reason i thought it had to be done in conjunction with some computer thing? just curious.

Yes you can do it at home. You are thinking of an abs bleed and that needs to be done if you run the reservoir dry.

WJCO

Meme King
Also, after installing each caliper, open the bleeder and pull the cap off your reservoir. Let the system gravity bleed before you do the actual bleeding, just leave the bleeder open until you see fluid coming out. This will fill up a lot of the caliper space and can save a ton of time when you do your final bleeding.

Also, you can hook up a tightly sealed clear tube to the bleeder (parts stores sell them). This way you can watch the fluid come out and see air bubbles in the tube. Something like this:

54cfb939e7513_-_brake-bleed-d-0407.jpg

Evil

Also, after installing each caliper, open the bleeder and pull the cap off your reservoir. Let the system gravity bleed before you do the actual bleeding, just leave the bleeder open until you see fluid coming out. This will fill up a lot of the caliper space and can save a ton of time when you do your final bleeding.

Also, you can hook up a tightly sealed clear tube to the bleeder (parts stores sell them). This way you can watch the fluid come out and see air bubbles in the tube. Something like this:

View attachment 193414

All of this and make sure you check the ressi in between bleeding each caliper to assure its full and it will go relatively quick.

Top Bottom